Menu
Sazaidi
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unlock sim

Hi
I have got new virgin sim and I lost it before starting ans I ordered a replacement sim and when I put in my phone it says sim locked
How can I unlock it and start using it
Thanks
0 Kudos
Magic_M
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unlock sim

If it's asking for a PIN then that should be on a label attached to the full size SIM card you popped the nano/micro SIM out of but it can also be found in the link at the bottom of this post.

If your phone is network locked to your previous network then you'll probably have to get them to unlock it.

-

Link to Help - What is my SIM unlock PIN

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sazaidi

Welcome to the community and sorry to hear about your difficulties with the new SIM. It does depend on the wording of the message coming up on your screen. If it’s referring to the SIM PIN and you're using one of our new 4G-ready SIM cards, it will require the PIN 7890.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

Arvus
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

I have the same issue, and the unlock PIN (7890) doesn't work either. I get a message saying 'SIM network unlock PIN is unsupported'. I'm bringing my number over from O2, and I was told yesterday that I have to switch SIMs today and it will work automatically. Now neither is working. Please help ASAP.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Arvus,

It sounds to me like you need the handset unlocked which you need to speak to O2 about if you got it from them.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos