Menu
madashell1
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unlock phone

We have tried to get a pay as you go phone unlocked but after 10 phone calls to you no one will take responsibility for this!! We need a network unlocking code but everyone we speak to sends us to somewhere else and we are getting nowhere!!!!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unlock phone

Hi madashell1,

if you purchased the phone from Virgin and are a Virgin Mobile customer the unlock is now free (previously there was a £15.32 charge for this).

It should just require a call to 789.

Is there some added problem? Is it an iPhone that you are trying to unlock?

AlexKid :-)

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi madashell1,

if you purchased the phone from Virgin and are a Virgin Mobile customer the unlock is now free (previously there was a £15.32 charge for this).

It should just require a call to 789.

Is there some added problem? Is it an iPhone that you are trying to unlock?

AlexKid :-)

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos
madashell1
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for reply.

We have called 789 many times now and they say they cannot unlock it as we didn't buy it from them but Argos. Argos cannot unlock it either. We are a Virgin Mobile customer and have broadband, tv and landline with them. The latest is that the phone number is not linked to the phone even though we have been topping up online since April so they are not able to unlock it.

0 Kudos
madashell1
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It's a Kazam Trooper 540

0 Kudos
jenni3487
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I think you need to contact the company the phone is locked to to get the unlock code. At least that's how it was a number of years ago it may have changed but I had to get the unlock code from O2 (the provider it was locked to) before I could switch to virgin. If it is virgin it is locked to go through to retentions and they should help I don't bother with the normal customer service as they're not very helpful.

Also most companies either won't unlock or charge to unlock a phone that has been used for less than 12 months on there network as they deliberately lock them for this reason. Hope this helps and you get it sorted
0 Kudos
madashell1
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. The site says virgin will unlock it but when we ring them they say they can't and to go to a virgin shop. The virgin shops say if we ring head office they will unlock it so we're going round in circles. The latest is the phone number is not linked to the phone so that's why they can't unlock it even though we've been topping up since April via an account at virgin online. We have tried ringing Kazam who made the phone 5 times but can't get through to anyone. Looks like we'll end up buying another phone but won't go with virgin again and will make sure it's already unlocked.
0 Kudos
jenni3487
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you ever ring virgin for anything always go to the "thinking of leaving us" option also called "retentions" doesn't matter what's wrong always use this option I usually tell a few white lies that I've tried customer service but there not being helpful etc I do this knowing they are not going to be as I have a similar problem were they cant find my account at all and tell me am not a customer, I have a virgin box in my flat with a virgin media tivo box connected, virgin super hub 2, virgin landline, 2 virgin pay monthly sim only's as well as virgin taking money each month from my back for these services and still everytime they tell me I don't have an account don't know what the problem is because when I speak to retentions they find it straight away no problems then they sort the original reason for me ringing up. You may have a messy account that they can't be bothered dealing with or something similar so they fob you off with silly excuses, retentions don't do this because they are there to keep your custom so they bend over backwards to help its the bast way to actually get them to sort things for you honestly I never speak to customer service because they don't have a clue
0 Kudos
LilMo
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Oh how I feel your pain as I've been trying from last week to sort out this very same problem and same as yourself umpty ump phonecalls with a diff answer each time. Thank you for the tip Jenni to always go with 'thinking of leaving us option' on the menu. I will give it another go doing that.
I'm ready to pull my hair out with Virgin i left them this year because of an upgrade that was due to me but such a big deal they made of it so i moved to Tesco their loss as I've always been a contract customer choosing the latest mobile im not bragging God forbid its just tgey dont help no matter what your loyality is to them. Course '3' are the same and havent had any dealings with Tesco as yet so cant comment.
Anyone know a really decent provider out there if i get same hassle from Tesco when upgrade due.
Did you ever get the unlocking code from them?
The one I want unlocked is a Samsung Galaxy s5 in great condition as always had a glass screen protector on.
I was giving my son it but he gave me it back and took out his own contract as he knew I was getting nowhere with them.
Please let me know anyone how can I sort this out thank you
0 Kudos