Menu
Adon
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unlock phone

I have entered the unlock code only to receive the message "unable to unlock sim card provider" Virgin say it is a phone problem and that the unlock code is correct. Speak to Samsung. Samsung say it is a code fault that the phone is working properly. What can I do now..........?

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unlock phone

To unlock the phone you need the code AND a non Virgin sim in the phone

0 Kudos
Adon
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, John. I have an unlock code and a new sim from a new supplier. The unlock code I have been given from Virgin does not work. Virgin say it is the phone at fault, Samsung say the unlock code is wrong the phone is ok.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Call 789 and ask them to double check the imei number as well as the code, a typo on the imei means it's for the wrong phone

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Adon,

Sorry to hear that you're leaving us and that you're having problems unlocking your phone. 

Checking into this, I can see that you called in and spoke with us about this. Has the code worked for you now?

Please let me know. If it still hasn't worked, I'll need to verify your details so that I can look into this further for you. I'll send you a private message requesting more information. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this screen.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Adon,

I'm checking back with you about the issue you reported with your Virgin Mobile service, as I haven't received a response from you yet.
If you are still having problems with this and would like for me to look into this for you, please let me know.
Many thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos