Menu
grants51
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unlock old phone

I arranged yesterday to have my old contract phone unlocked. I was sent a code but it did not work. Is there a standard code for unlocking a Samsung galaxy Ace Plus GT-S7500. Can you only try once?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unlock old phone

Hi grants51,

I would contact them again, check that they have the correct IMEI and that you received / entered the correct unlock code.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi grants51,

I would contact them again, check that they have the correct IMEI and that you received / entered the correct unlock code.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi grants51,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing a ghost in the machine and your mobile isn't working. 

Checking into this for you, I can see that you took AlexKid's advice and called in to speak with us about this. Is this working for you now?

Please let me know.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
grants51
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The phone is still not working despite restoring to factory settings. Apparently it is unlocked on virgins system data but not unlocked on my phone.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi grants51,

Thank you for getting back to me. I'm sorry that your phone is still not unlocked.

I'll send you a private message asking to verify details so that I can look into this for you. Just click on the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Many thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos