Menu
jackt
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unlock Iphone SE bought from Carphone Warehouse

I need to unlock my Iphone SE that I bought from Carphone Warehouse. I put my Virginmedia SIM card into the phone without knowing it would lock to the carrier.

I am now in Denmark, Copenhagen and need to use my Danish SIM Card (Telenor). Please can anyone help me to unlock my device? Is it virginmedia who will do it? I tried on the EE online form but my number is not registered with their network.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unlock Iphone SE bought from Carphone Warehouse

Hi Jackt,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you've had some issues with your phone. I'm afraid if the phone wasn't purchased from us, we would be unable to unlock this for you as the IMEI isn't registered on our system. I would suggest finding alternative methods to getting the phone unlocked.

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Please let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This has come up before and I'm afraid you may be pushed from pillar to post without anyone, taking responsibility.

Don't know it this thread will be of use. http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/iPhone-unlocking-when-purchased-via-carphone-wareh...

0 Kudos
jackt
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If I gave my IMEI number to virginmedia, what's stopping them from unlocking it? Can they add that number to the system then see my virginmedia sim has made the iphone locked to the vm network, then do the process of unlocking...

As I understand: If I bought the phone from carphone warehouse, the IMEI (the phone) isn't owned by any network or anyone? So the network of the first SIM card you put in should then gain ownership of that iphone? Or am I talking nonsense... :/ 

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No. Someone who works at Apple tells me Virgin can get the phone unlocked quite easily. The truth is they will not do anything out of the ordinary.

They do have your IMEI on their system and will use it to blacklist the phone if it is stolen. So they are telling porkies. (Not uncommon)

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey JackT Smiley Happy

I've just replied to your PM.

If they were able to unlock the phone that's great news. Usually any unlocked phones can't be unlocked by us unless they're purchased from us.

Feel free to reply to my PM if you want me to look into this Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos