Menu
khalidn
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Unlock Iphone 7

Can someone help me with getting my iPhone 7 Unlocked. I am switching over to another network. My iPhone 7 is locked to Virgin. The customer services advisors are not being very helpful. It has been over a week since I have requested Virgin to unlock my iphone.

0 Kudos
enlli
Super solver
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unlock Iphone 7

A number of posts about unlocking iPhones. 

So first things first, was it bought from Virgin?

iPhones bought from anywhere except Apple direct lock to the first SIM inserted

0 Kudos
khalidn
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It was bought from Carphonewarehouse, and then Virgin sim inserted. So locked to Virgin now. There is only one article which says "FaceTime with cellular data to unlock". Not very clear and specific. FaceTime who?

0 Kudos
enlli
Super solver
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ok, you are in the position where both Virgin and Carphonewarehouse will say they can't unlock the phone.

I've dug this thread up - there may be useful info in there 

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/iPhone-unlocking-when-purchased-via-carphone-wareh...

khalidn
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Enlli 

Thanks for providing the link. It has been over 2 weeks now since I am trying to get my phone unlocked.  I have contacted Virgin and EE. EE has admitted that phone has been locked by them but are making the whole process extremely difficult.  HATE EE.  Had I known Virgin runs on EE, I would have never joined them.

I am thinking to resolve this issue through CISAS now.  Apart from severe inconvenience, I am paying 2 bills because I am unable to port my number.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi khalidn

Thanks for taking the time to join our community and sorry for the difficulties you've experienced getting your iPhone unlocked. I'd like to look into this and see if there is anything further we can do here to help out. I've sent you a private message which you can view by clicking the envelope in the top right.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
khalidn
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi

It has been nearly a month now and my phone has still not been unlocked. My calls to customer service gets connected to a contact centre in Manilla. The advisors have no idea what am I talking about and have no satisfactory answer to my query.

0 Kudos
khalidn
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Finally with the help of Dave_B and my continuous calls to Virgin and EE my phone has been unlocked.  All of the customer advisors but one tried to help but it appeared they did not have enough knowledge about unlocking phones bought from third party. One lady I spoke to was arrogant, rude and tried to shout at me. Smiley Sad

Thank you Dave_B in helping me to solve this problem - you have been a star.

0 Kudos
fcandeloro
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

So how you did that??

0 Kudos
tidds
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same problem.  1st call to Virgin was on 01.05.17-told I should receive my unlock code in 5 days via text.  Rang again on 18.05.17-told exactly the same.  Rang again 25.05.17-told Virgin don't unlock phones from 3rd provider..!!!  I just seem to be going round in circles and have had nothing but problems with Virgin since Christmas....

Dave_B any chance you can help me too please ? 

0 Kudos