Menu
DGBall
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unlimited Data is not Unlimited?

Hi,
I have got "Unlimited Data" with my Virgin Mobile contract, but when I get to about 3.5Gb of data a month it becomes unusable (speed goes to about 0.2Mb). Is advertising that you have Unlimited Data then throttling the services classed as false advertisement?

What I want to know is there a way to stop this unusable throttling, or to get out of the contract without having to pay for the full contract as it is not providing what I need and what I was sold?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unlimited Data is not Unlimited?

Its not false as all there doing is limiting your speed and not the amount of data you can transfer. Anyway its in the Terms that its a Fair Use policy and that after 3.5Gb you will get your speed limited.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unlimited Data is not Unlimited?

For customers who joined Virgin Media after 25 June 2012 excessive use over 3.5GB of data per calendar month will result in their maximum bandwidth being restricted to 3G speeds (384kbit/s downstream, 200kbit/s upstream) on our network. For customers who joined before 25 June 2012 excessive use over 2GB of data per calendar month will result in this restriction being applied. This policy will apply until the end of the calendar month, when it will be automatically removed. We reserve the right to review these usage levels from time to time. At this reduced speed, customers will still be able to browse web pages, send/receive emails, and stream audio and video all at 3G data speeds, but peer-to-peer and large file downloads/uploads will be slower than normal.

Must admit I find it hard getting to that sort of usage with all the free wifi around these days.

Speeds should be restored tomorrow

0 Kudos