Menu
dwaddle
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unknown text messages showing on mobile bill

Recently unknown or unsent text messages whilst overseas have been showing on my mobile bill. There is no record of any of these messages in the phones "sent messages". To make things more confusing I have been using the phone overseas for many years without any problems until they started in January 2015. since then I have changed both the phone and the sim card to a Nano. Still these mystery messages keep appearing and I'm being charged. I contacted Virgin but no useful information received. Advice is to delete applications on my phone that sent text messages. Firstly I don't know of any apps that send texts without my knowledge? Nor have I loaded any new app that I haven't used from before this started.

Still hoping Virgin can provide details on where these numerous phone numbers are related and how to stop them, sadly nothing yet except the bill! I've been happy with the virgin service (coverage) but seriously having to assess changing provider if I can't stop this.

Anybody know of this happening or how to stop it? what apps send texts without recording them?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unknown text messages showing on mobile bill

Hi Dwaddle,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you've been charged for these unknown texts. I'm afraid we don't deal with billing via the forums due to DPA.

So we can look into this for you, I've sent you a PM. You can view this by clicking on the red envelope at the top of the screen.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
dwaddle
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I tried contacting Virgin via phone and mail but sadly so far they've been as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.... I just need some one to tell me what these apps are that I'm being told to delete as no sent messages are being recorded on the phone and I've not downloaded any new apps since before this problem started. I've never had a problem before in ten years or so with Virginmobile..

0 Kudos
dwaddle
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Any updates?

ive got the "was this reply helpful" email from Virgin but can't find the no it wasn't option on the forum?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dwaddle,

Thanks for coming back to me Smiley Happy

I'm afraid I don't have any updates for you here. Did you hear from the team regarding he PM I sent a while back?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos