Menu
ElaineWalters
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unknown number on my bill with huge cost....

I have just returned from a cruise (Dubai) and the following two numbers appeared on my bill: 07953 939836 and 07958 879890. I have no idea who these numbers belong to, I didn't call or text them, but I have a £25 charge on my bill for each of them!!! 

Anyone haveany ideas on what this is? Is it a scam? Nobody else had access to my phone at any time....

Any help or reason for this would be greatly appreciated.

Very many thanks in advance,

Elaine 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Magic_M
Up to speed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unknown number on my bill with huge cost....

The 07958 879890 is the text message centre number for Virgin, texts sent while roaming can appear on your bill as to this number rather than the number actually sent to. If you've sent a fair few messages while out there that'll explain it. Don't forget that it costs to both send and receive while roaming. 

The other number, 07953 939836, looks like a normal number. A cursory search suggests that it belongs to, or at least used to, someone from the city of London. So don't have any idea on that one. 

0 Kudos

All Replies
Magic_M
Up to speed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The 07958 879890 is the text message centre number for Virgin, texts sent while roaming can appear on your bill as to this number rather than the number actually sent to. If you've sent a fair few messages while out there that'll explain it. Don't forget that it costs to both send and receive while roaming. 

The other number, 07953 939836, looks like a normal number. A cursory search suggests that it belongs to, or at least used to, someone from the city of London. So don't have any idea on that one. 

0 Kudos
ElaineWalters
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Than you for your help, but I only sent 2 or 3 texts back to the UK.....

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi ElaineWaters,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you've been charged a large amount. So we can look into this for you, please give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789. Let me know how you get on with this. We really want to make sure it's all sorted.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How are you getting on with this elainewaters?

Let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos