Menu
Sarahm2
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unhappy customer

I have been a sim only contract with virgin and never miss a payment. I tried to get a mobile contract and keep getting declined. The phone I have keeps turning off so that's why I tried for the mobile contract. I think it's unfair to be declined since I have always made my payments. Does anyone else have this problem.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unhappy customer

Sadly, there are many, many people in the same situation as you, (try searching the site for 'refused a contract') and you will see what I mean.

VM have a very poor way of 'scoring' for contracts, and they insist they 'check with external agencies' but the truth is, they don't. 

They make some sort of 'arbitary' decision, then suggest that you 'contact their team' to try to resolve.

But, sadly they A) make it so difficult to contact this 'team'  who then take way too long to respond, and  B) still refuse you after waiting forever, and jumping through far more 'hoops' than is necessary.

The best advice is to go to another provider, it appears that most people refused by VM, are accepted straight away, without any problems elsewhere...

(I know from experience, refused a contract, despite 20years with VM, never missed a payment, etc, and my credit rating is very good, (Experian proved it, also said that NO Search had been made despite VM saying there had) so I went to O2, and walked out 15 mins later with a new contract phone, having passed their credit check over the phone!!)

Sad, but true...VM appear not to want the business Smiley Sad that others are only too happy to have!!

enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

As stated this is a common problem.

If you are going to get a new handset it is odds on it will have 4G. You may as well go somewhere you have the facility to use it,

All Replies
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sadly, there are many, many people in the same situation as you, (try searching the site for 'refused a contract') and you will see what I mean.

VM have a very poor way of 'scoring' for contracts, and they insist they 'check with external agencies' but the truth is, they don't. 

They make some sort of 'arbitary' decision, then suggest that you 'contact their team' to try to resolve.

But, sadly they A) make it so difficult to contact this 'team'  who then take way too long to respond, and  B) still refuse you after waiting forever, and jumping through far more 'hoops' than is necessary.

The best advice is to go to another provider, it appears that most people refused by VM, are accepted straight away, without any problems elsewhere...

(I know from experience, refused a contract, despite 20years with VM, never missed a payment, etc, and my credit rating is very good, (Experian proved it, also said that NO Search had been made despite VM saying there had) so I went to O2, and walked out 15 mins later with a new contract phone, having passed their credit check over the phone!!)

Sad, but true...VM appear not to want the business Smiley Sad that others are only too happy to have!!

enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

As stated this is a common problem.

If you are going to get a new handset it is odds on it will have 4G. You may as well go somewhere you have the facility to use it,