Menu
TruthWillOut
Settling in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unfit for Purpose Handsets

Why are Virgin Mobile peddling unfit for purpose handsets and using an insurance company who scams it's users?

I'm pretty certain I'm not the only one who fell for this scam with Asurion refurbished Handsets !?

Now on my third Xperia Z which has stopped working, won't charge up properly and Virgin Mobile won't acknowledge their liability and culpability in this scam they called a contract.

I have had enough of Virgin Mobile and cannot be stronger in my belief that they,their employees,agents and affiliates are scam artists.

I am starting a Facebook campaign to bring awareness to these underhanded shoddy business practice's that Virgin Media uses in collaboration with Asurion to fool customers into believing they are getting good service. I strongly urge anyone reading this to stop using Virgin Mobile or any of their affiliated agencies companies or products.

Anyone interested in joining me on this noble quest of exposing the fraudulent shoddily run business ethics of this rioff company please PM me for further information how you can get involved and expose these ripoffs for what they are.

0 Kudos
TruthWillOut
Settling in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unfit for Purpose Handsets

P.S.

Virgin Mobile were more than happy to pass the buck,along with liability, along to their partners in crime the insurance company and we're delighted that a pensioner ended up £70 out of pocket in order to get a refurbished replacement handset. These companies and whomever works for them should be hung by their toes from a lampost and beaten with the useless products they collude in peddling.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unfit for Purpose Handsets

Hi TruthWillOut,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you feel this way about us and Asurion.

If you take a look at the T&C's here you will see various references to the insurance company using refurbished handsets. Take a look under the section headed 'The legal stuff' and you will see the following statement:-

"Asurion don't offer 'new for old' cover, which means your replacement phone may be refurbished to their super high standards (using original or non-original parts)".

I really do apologise for the troubles you've had with the handsets. It's certainly not our intention for it to turn out this way. I'd definitely recommend sending the handset back for repair if it is still within warranty.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos