Menu
clairemc3
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unblock iphone 4

Hello,

I really need to unlock my iphone 4 so that I can use it abroad (Malawi) with a local sim card...there's no one anywhere near me here that can do it...any ideas?

Thanks!

Claire

0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unblock iphone 4

The problem you're going to have is that even if you unlock it, as soon as you register it on a network Apple will lock it again to that network. The solution is to but an Android. Smiley Tongue

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
Be nice, eat all your vegetables and keep your room tidy.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hiclairemc3,

first off, have you checked that your phone is actually network locked?

If so and you purchased it from Virgin Mobile. Call the team on 789 or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone. Give them the phone details and your account information, they should be able to supply an unlock code (I think the charge is around £15).

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin iPhones are locked to Virgin when they're activated and you have to phone up to get it unlocked. I thought that it would lock to the next network you register it to but that might not be the case (although I can't find a definitive answer on that).

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
Be nice, eat all your vegetables and keep your room tidy.
0 Kudos