Menu
dockenn
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unbelievably bad customer service. What credit scoring system does Virgin Mobile use?

I have just had one the worst experiences with any mobile provider in 20 years. It started with the the simple idea of adding my daughter to my monthly mobile account. I contacted Virgin last week and was told that my credit score was inadequate. This was a shock as I have never had any credit issues and am a Senior executive in an international company. I was concerned that somebody may have fraudulently used my details so I contacted the credit agencies immediately. For £50 I learnt that my credit rating with Callcredit, Equifax, Experian and Credit was over 900/1000. That seems pretty high to me! So £50 down on the deal (thanks Virgin!) I went back to Virgin Customer service who explained something must have gone wrong and promised to call me back by the end of the week. Of course they didn't. I rang again today and the sales department said they would recheck my credit rating and yet again I was rejected! Unbelievable!!! Totally frustrated I asked to leave Virgin and got transferred to the "Retention" service. The representative seemed very pleasant and told me if I bought the handset and took out a "Sim Card only" deal it would sorted out. I reluctantly agreed and she transferred me back to the sales department and guess what?? They rejected me because of a poor credit rating!!! Back to the retention department who tried to persuade me to go with a pay as you go contract. Needless to say I cancelled my Virgin Mobile contract and went to Vodafone who were much more helpful and gave me a two line contact. The irony of the story is that without prompting The Vodafone rep told me my credit score was excellent and wanted to offer me more products.

Not a great business model Virgin!!!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unbelievably bad customer service. What credit scoring system does Virgin Mobile use?

Sadly Virgin use an " in house " credit scoring and many suffer unnecessarily as you seem to be, so you will not see a virgin trail on your credit score

I found this address for the Virgin Consumer Underwriting Team: creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk
0 Kudos
dockenn
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unbelievably bad customer service. What credit scoring system does Virgin Mobile use?

Is this not really bad business?
0 Kudos

All Replies
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sadly Virgin use an " in house " credit scoring and many suffer unnecessarily as you seem to be, so you will not see a virgin trail on your credit score

I found this address for the Virgin Consumer Underwriting Team: creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk
0 Kudos
dockenn
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Is this not really bad business?
0 Kudos