Menu
phil141250
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unacceptable Treatment by Virgin

I am sick to the back teeth with Virgin Mobile.  The voice when you call them tells of ''...giving you the best possible customer service...'' RUBBISH!!!  I have rung 789 on AT LEAST 12 occasions, trying to get some satisfaction with this lousy M4 Aqua which I have on contract.  I won't go into great detail, but it seems there may be a design fault with the model (sonymobile.com = SIXTEEN pages of complaint about exactly the issues I've been having. e.g, screen goes blank, can't make call, end call, select options, send a voice mail, listen to a voice mail...)  It seems Virgin couldn't care less!  

Firstly;  Upgraded to this piece of junk in March,  Phone very soon started messing about.  Took to shop, they didn't know what the problem was.  Kept taking i back, no joy in fixing the issue.

Secondly;  They reset the phone to factory settings...and then told me that it hadn't cured the problem.

Thirdly;  Sent to Virgin for repair.  The contractors to Virgin emailed that they could find nothing wrong with the phone.  Virgin told me that the fault had been diagnosed and fixed and sent it back to me...UNFIXED!!

Fourthly; Continuous calls to Virgin on 789.  No, they won't/can't change the model, my phone HAS to go for repair.  But it's been for repair and you told me a load of rubbish about it being fixed.  You sent a new Sim card which did nothing to fix the problem.  I've waited for a supervisor to ring me back within 24 hours (they didn't), I've waited for a supervisor to ring me within '...the next 15 minutes, I promise...', they didn't,  I've waited for a supervisor to call me , they didn't, but they put a note refusing me a change of model in my file at their end.  Not sure how I was supposed to know about that...unless I called AGAIN.

Basically, Virgin Mobile gives a ROTTEN service.

Anyone else had the same???

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Warpedmedic
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unacceptable Treatment by Virgin

Yes I have

The Sony m4 aqua is the worst phone in the history of bad phones. But skip virgin repair as they do not know a good phone from a bad one. Send the phone to Sony directly I have when virgin said there was nothing wrong and they fixed it under warranty. All it takes is booking it in via a call or my case Sony repair on the internet.

Hope this helps

Oh yes if you want bad customer service try my case of debt collectors getting involved before I know that the bill is due.
0 Kudos
siju
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Never trust the people at CS when promising you that they will call back, they never does that...i have three experience with CS and mind you they never rings back customers.

All Replies
Warpedmedic
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes I have

The Sony m4 aqua is the worst phone in the history of bad phones. But skip virgin repair as they do not know a good phone from a bad one. Send the phone to Sony directly I have when virgin said there was nothing wrong and they fixed it under warranty. All it takes is booking it in via a call or my case Sony repair on the internet.

Hope this helps

Oh yes if you want bad customer service try my case of debt collectors getting involved before I know that the bill is due.
0 Kudos
phil141250
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Friend

MANY thanks for the info re Sony, I shall definitely give that a go.

Much appreciated, God bless

Phil

0 Kudos
siju
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Never trust the people at CS when promising you that they will call back, they never does that...i have three experience with CS and mind you they never rings back customers.

Bodorgan
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have had exactly the same problem. I have been offered a refurbished Sony XA as a replacement or I can wait for another M4 Aqua to become available which will of course have been "repaired" and/or rejected. I've very reluctantly agreed to accept the XA, although I have zero confidence in its reliability or any idea how long the warranty will be.

I asked for a non-Sony handset but this was not an option. However, I did manage to negotiate a reduction in fee by £3 a month on the basis that the XA is less expensive on contract than an M4.

That said, I must have spent 10 hours plus on fruitless calls to the Phillipines call centre finding that when things get difficult, they cut you off!

phil141250
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for your message.  I'm ongoing with this complaint, I have to go into Virgin shop tomorrow to check on progress.  I'll keep you posted in CASE I get a result which may help you too.

Phil

0 Kudos