Menu
prescott2000
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unable to use phone at home even though I have full signal

Last month or so, both myself and my wife are unable to receive text messages and in some cases, receive calls on our virgin mobile.

we both have full signal and have tried different handsets. I have even just purchased a new Samsung S5 from Virgin and this is exactly the same. 

Spoke to virgin tech support who keep telling me to do the same thing every time (switch network selection to manual) but this is no different.

when I walk half a mile down the street, the texts come in and voicemails arrive so in my eyes, looks like a fault on the mast I use at home.

anyone else had a similar problem and if so, Ho do you get somone at virgin media to investigate.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to use phone at home even though I have full signal

Hi prescott2000,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm very sorry to hear you and your Wife are having poor phone coverage inside the property. I'll happily take a look at this for you.

If you're walking half a mile down the road then it's possible the phone is connecting to the same mast. We can never guarantee an indoor signal either as there are many factors involved as mentioned here.

Did anything change a month ago in the area?

Was anything changed inside the property?

It would be useful for other community to members to know what area you're living in. This way they'll be able to provide with a comparison on the signal (if there is someone living near of course).

I'll send you a private message to obtain your address details so I can check further for you. To view this click on the purple envelope on the top right.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi prescott2000,

Thanks for providing me with your address details. I've checked the masts in your area and can confirm the closest 4 are all operational.

If you follow the link I included above then you will see the following statement:-

"This map is only a guide and is not a guarantee of service availability in a particular location. It shows outdoor coverage only. As with all radio-based systems, service may be affected by a number of local factors, such as building materials, tree cover and weather conditions".

It would appear the handsets and SIM cards are working fine because you can get yours calls and texts when outside the house. I'd be keen to hear the answers to my above questions. I'm trying to establish if there is anything which can interfere with the signal. Could you also answer these further questions:-

How many phones are there in the property?

Are any of these on a different network?

Look forward to your response.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
prescott2000
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there

We have 4 phones.
2 virgin
1 o2
1 EE
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me prescott2000.

I'd like to ask a few more questions which will hopefully pinpoint the problem. Please answer the following:-

Did anything change a month ago in the area? (Anything built or installed)
Was anything changed inside the property? (Anything installed which uses radio waves)
Does the O2 or EE handset have issues? (Similar to what you described)

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos