Menu
Snaz1968
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unable to use Samsung S4 mini whilst abroad

I'm unable to use my Samsung S4 Mini whilst abroad,has happened on 4 separate occasions this year, I keep getting the message " Your SIM card does not allow a connection to this network "  I telephoned Technical Support from my wife's phone the first time this occured in April this year but they could not resolve issue- didn't seem to understand that my phone wasn't working ! I checked that my phone was set up to use abroad before going each time - all was ok. I've carried out a couple of instructions from Tech Support ( take out SIM card and battery , try a manual search of network etc etc ) but all failed. I was sent  a new SIM card in August as they said it was probably a faulty SIM card but when I went to Fuerteventura at end of Sept I was getting the same message ( Unable to connect,try later/ Your SIM card does not allow a connection to this network )

I'm getting very frustrated as I don't seem to be getting anywhere with Virgin Mobile when I seek support- please help !!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to use Samsung S4 mini whilst abroad

Hi Snaz1968,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having some issues with using your phone abroad. I want to get this all sorted for you.

Are you able to give us a call on +447953967967 from any other phone so we can get this sorted for you?

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

HI Snaz1968,

How did you get on with your roaming issues?

Please let me know if you need any further assistance Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Snaz1968
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm now back in the UK - sorry but I'm not wasting my time and money phoning from abroad on another phone to resolve this issue and probably it won't be resolved anyway

Why can't Virgin understand that there is a major issue with using their phones abroad and stop giving standard replies to most people on this forum ??

Can't wait until my contract ends in 12 months time and I can go back to Orange- never had any issues in 10 years with them using phone abroad - poor service from Virgon !!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Snaz1968,

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that you couldn't get this sorted while you were away. I promise we really do want to get this sorted for you. Give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and we'll make sure that this is enabled correctly.

We'll liase with our network partners EE to ensure that we get this fixed.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Snaz1968
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

How do I ensure that I'll speak to a person who'll be competent enough to resolve my query? 

Whenever I speak to someone from Virgin mobile it's never the same person twice - I really don't want to waste my time in being passed from one person to the next ,whilst also explaining the problem AGAIN -and still not having the issue resolved.

Please advise a specific person/ contact who can resolve my problem -from my experience with Virgin mobile there's not many who can resolve issues of this nature........

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Snaz1968,

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

You would need to contact the tech support team who could ensure that this was sorted for you. When you get through to our team, asked to be transferred to technical support for this.

Thank,s,

Mat

0 Kudos