Menu
JohnJocys
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unable to understand caller from Virgin

I've just had a call on my mobile from Virgin. I'm guessing that the caller was located in India. He spoke very quickly and with a very strong accent, so much so that I struggled to make out most of what the caller was asking me.

He asked me what phone I was using and mentioned something about benefits (I think) and about family members. I made it clear that I was having difficulty understanding what he was saying.

He then terminated the call.

Has anyone else had this experience - and if so, can anyone give me an idea of what on earth the call might have been about.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to understand caller from Virgin

Probably trying to sell you more contracts to the rest of your family and friends.

They hung up because they realised they weren't being clear enough, and it would take up valuable selling time trying to slow it down for you Smiley Happy

---------

I'll always try my best to help, although my advice may not always lead to a solution. Take it as you wish, I just like to help Smiley Happy
JohnJocys
Just joined
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to understand caller from Virgin

Thanks for your reply - it certainly makes sense.

As it happens I've been considering a change, Virgin's prices are increasing - quietly and insidiously!

If they insist on using off shore call centres employing staff that are so difficult to understand I think I'll look elsewhere.

Thanks again for your reply.

John

0 Kudos