Menu
Romili
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unable to take incoming calls or make any

I am unable to make calls or texts or receive any. I am currently in Cyprus and it was fine in the UK.  I apparently have no network connection and I can't connect to any of the ones I find. Every time I try it comes up with not registered on network. I have only discovered this when trying to take an interview which now is not possible.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to take incoming calls or make any

hiya what phone do you have, and is it pay as you go/contact, you could take a look at -> http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Roaming/td-p/2252903 for some good advice
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to take incoming calls or make any

Hi Romili,

Before you left the UK for Cyprus did you check that roaming was active on your account?

Go to "Manage my services" > "Roaming" needs to be set to ON & "International call barring" needs to be set to OFF

If they are not already, make the change by moving the "switch" in your account.
(Click the other side of the rectangle box).

If you have to alter the setting in your account, allow time for it to update then reboot your phone.
(Virgin advise that this may take upto 24 or longer from abroad).

I would periodically turn the phone off/on to see if it finds and selects a network.

You may have to go into the phone's settings and do a "manual search" for Virgin's partner network.

Also check that roaming is enabled on the handset itself.

Here is a useful help page from Virgin: Taking your mobile abroad

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.