Menu
Heckleruk
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unable to setup/activate Voicemail

Signed up a few weeks ago because 3 couldn't provide a decent mobile signal in my area... Couldn't even provide 4G at all... First day with VM and I get a better 4G signal than I ever got a 3G with 3.

Gave them the PAC and was told to wait until it was transferred to setup voicemail...  Got the notification that number was transferred on Tuesday.

Rebooted the phone to get the phone to recognise the transferred number, internet access fine, txt and mms working fine.

But no voicemail.

Tried the 222 number to set it up 2 days after the number transfer is complete (I gave it more than 24hrs to ensure system was updated)... All I get is that it cannot be connected and it hangs up, dialing 1 from the handset to get to my voicemail results in the exact same message.  Incoming calls just ring endlessly and no one can leave a voicemail... which is costing me time and money because I HAVE to try and answer every single call, which interrupts what I'm working on or I risk losing new business.

Not very happy... and also not happy that I've been charged from the 8th of the month for a contract that didn't start until the 19th because the sim didn't arrive for 9 days (it arrived whilst I was away working). Thankfully my phone (Wileyfox Storm) has dual sim slots so I could use both until number transferred.

Also not happy that when I signed up on the website, it kept changing my order from a phone contract to a data only one... The only way to get it to work was to sign up for the cheapest monthly one at £6 and then go back into my account and change it to the actual tariff I want... which now doesn't start until the 8th of NEXT month... Which is really strange because I set one up for my pensioner mum without any hassle whatsoever just 15 mins before mine.

Called CS and was promised that the bill would reflect that my contract starts from the 19th and I would only be charged a partial month...  but they then took the full amount anyway.

I'll say one thing for 3... in 4yrs with them, I NEVER had to call CS once after joining them... a week into my VM contract and it looks like I'll be making my 3rd call in 7 days to try and resolve problems.

0 Kudos
Heckleruk
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to setup/activate Voicemail

Looks like the support you get on this forum is as good as their customer service.... inadequate.

I switched to see if the service was any good, because my TV, phone and broadband contract with sky is up for renewal in the new year... and I was considering switching everything else too.

I can assure you that idea is rapidly being snuffed out.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You should have been advised to set up the voicemail before you ported as it can be tricky afterwards, call 789 and ask them to set it up.
The forums are mainly self help, staff do pop in but it can be days from your first post.

Sky forums are no better as you should be aware Smiley Happy I am Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heckleruk, 

I am sorry about the issue you are having, by the sounds of it your mail box may be locked. I can get this sorted for you straight away if that is the case, so that I can get this done I will shortly send you a private message to request so further information about your account.

To pick this message up please click on the envelope on the top right hand corner.

Chat soon,

Kelly  

0 Kudos
Heckleruk
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I was able to get this resolved during the week and now have voicemail setup and working.

I was specifically told by a member of the virgin CS team not to attempt to setup voicemail until after my number was ported, so I waited as instructed.  But it's all sorted now... Still missed out on the double data deal as the site refused to let me upgrade because of previous issues the site caused.

It wouldn't let me purchase the sim only deal I wanted, kept substituting the sim for a data only deal... so had to go for another one until it actually worked... then after I'd got that I was able to switch to the tariff I actually wanted in the first place... But that change then seems to have barred me from taking advantage of the double data offer... So not only have I been stuck with a tariff I didn't want for the first month, I then can't take the offer available for the tariff I did actually want.

That said... the signal I am now getting at home does give me 4G now... with Three, I couldn't even get a 4G signal here or at work... Now I can get 4G at both. So that's a big tick in the plus column... and fingers crossed I'll have no more problems from now on.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heckleruk

Thanks for dropping by and I am sorry to hear of the difficulties with selecting your tariff and then setting up voicemail after porting your number into us.

I am pleased to see you are happy with your new 4G connection that you could not get with your previous provider and that the voicemail issue has now been fixed.

Should you need anything else please feel free to let me know.

Thanks

Liam_T
Forum Team

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos