Menu
Steve666
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unable to send a text to one person

Hi

everything works well having moved across to virgin mobile and porting my number except I am unable to send a text to one person. I have tried several remedies like deleting and re entering the contact, changing to SMS ,but still no luck.i even had a new sim posted by virgin in case the original was faulty but still the same problem.Does anyone have any bright ideas

0 Kudos
Alexw150
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to send a text to one person

I may have the same problem. My wife and I both have virgin mobile phones. We are monthly contracts with international roaming switched on. Wife's mum in Czech can phone/send text to both our uk phones. We can call her from the UK on our phones, but if we try and send texts she doesn't receive anything. We don't even get a error message. We are able to text other family members in Czech. It's just her mums mobile number. We have tried deleting numbers on both uk and Czech mobiles and manually entering new number using the prefix "0042" or "+42" with no joy. I have tested the Czech mobile number with my work O2 mobile which works ok.
0 Kudos
Steve666
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

All very strange.i keep trying different things but I only have an issue with this one person out of all my contacts and she is with virgin too!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve666 and Alexw150,

Thanks for your posts on the Forum and welcome. I'm sorry that you are having a problem with sending texts to one particular number. 

Please call in on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile), 150 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media landline) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone) so that our Mobile Tech team can investigate this further.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos