Menu
Sue10
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unable to roam in usa

I set my phone up for roaming before leaving the UK, but on arrival in USA it won't allow me to connect to local networks. Can't get thru to help no. posted in Roaming message on here, also if anyone is able to fix this for me please note note I cannot remove battery from my Sony experia z1 as its a sealed unit. Can someone please fix this asap, I'm not finding It easy to get any help from virgin at all I'm afraid.
0 Kudos
Sue10
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to roam in usa

Just bumping this as I've had no reply and cannot find any other way of contacting Virgin from here - customer service channels appear to be extremely limited and ineffective, so any help on enabling my phone to pick up USA roaming networks would be greatly appreciated!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sue10,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Sorry to hear roaming is not working for you in the USA.

You can check roaming is active when you log into Your Account . Click on plans and devices then click the tab manage devices. Make sure roaming is set to on here. You can also check the call barring option to stop calls abroad isn't set to on.

If roaming is active and no barring set yet it still doesn't work please try the following steps below:

Turn your phone off and then back on again.

Go into your phone settings and select a network manually.

If this doesn't help you could give us a call on +447953967967 so we can check this for you. 

Just a heads up for you but bumping your thread may potentially delay a response from us due to the way we work the forums.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Sue10
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We've tried turning on and off and removing the SIM and checked that roaming was turned on before we left the UK. The technical support line has been permanently engaged so can't get through to that and spoke to a fairly useless customer services adviser on the 0345 number yesterday who promised to phone back today to resolve but guess what no call and still no service. Tried to put a complaint using chat and guess what that's always unavailable as well!! So will have no access all holiday as the support from Virgin is absolutely useless and will be looking to cancel my contract when I return home and use a network that understands mobile access means being able to use abroad!! My husband on EE which is apparently VIrgins provider and no issues........
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sue10,

Sorry to hear that roaming is still not working for you. Appreciate your frustration with this.

My sincere apologies for the issues you've had trying to get this resolved.

I have sent you a private message (red envelope, top left hand side) with further information to get this looked into.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Sue10
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Used the link and submitted online form on 15 June - now 19 June still no contact from Virgin and still no network. Absolutely useless service from Virgin both from a network and customer pespective. No been 10 days without any mobile access. Virgin are a complete and utter waste of space!!!!!!
0 Kudos