Menu
atelier
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unable to roam in Europe since upgrading to 4G sim

I recently upgraded my sim to 4G.  Now I am travelling in Europe as I often do, but can no longer access data roaming (have had no problems until the change in sim).  I get a message saying "you have lost data connectivity because you left your home network with data roaming turned off".  Which of course I didn't.  I haven't changed any of my data roaming settings. 

Today I went into my account and changed the settings off and back on again (roaming) and on and off again (international barring) as was suggested by someone on the forum, and I then restarted my phone, but to no avail.  

Can anyone assist with a solution?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to roam in Europe since upgrading to 4G sim

Hi atelier,

on Virgin's side of things there is also a separate switch for data roaming which needs to be activated on both the Virgin Mobile and EE network systems. Sometimes it is necessary to refresh this to update the EE server.

If this is your problem, your only solution may be to gain the use of a working phone to call the Team on  +447953 967 967.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

atelier
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to roam in Europe since upgrading to 4G sim

Thanks for the prompt response AlexKid.  I thought a call to  virgin might be the only option. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos