Menu
paddyboy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unable to register for SmartCall

Hi.  First time at this.  I have been trying for weeks to register for Smartcall.  I have the app on my phone.  Every time I go to register I get the following message. "Sorry, we can't find your SmartCall details right now".  I have already been onto Virgin about this.  I was promised they would get back to me.  They never did.  Have wasted hours at this.  Can anybody help.  No use asking Virgin.

0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to register for SmartCall

Does you VM landline have the correct XL package to use this with (AFAIK it need be at least XL but cannot remember 100%).

paddyboy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, thanks.  I have the XL package.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Paddyboy, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums, and say that I'm sorry to hear that you've not been able to register for our Smart Call service. 

I've taken a look into the account and can see that there is a fault report raised on this. I've spoken to our second line team to ask them to investigate again, as they did have a report to say it should now be working, however this was early last week. They will now re-raise this back as an IT issue. 

With regards to Smart call, all of our Cable telephone customers are able to use the service, no matter what package they are on. However "SmartCalls" can only be made during the time that your landline package allows. for example, if you are on Talk Weekends, you will only be able to use Smart Call to make calls during the weekend times (7pm on a Friday night, through to 7am on a Monday morning). These times are set at UK time, so if you are using them abroad and there is a time difference, you should think what time it is in the UK. A customer on the XL package will be able to use the service at all times when calling UK landlines - the calls will end just before 60 minutes but you will be able to redial the number straight away.q

Many thanks and apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
paddyboy
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Huw.  It is still not working.  Same thing.  Says "sorry-we can't find your SmartCall details right now.  Try reloading the page"  I have done that, deleted the app and reinstalled.  Always get same message.  I don't know of anything else I can do.  The mobile phone is an iphone 6 Plus.  Don't know if that makes any difference and my mobile service is with Virgin, albeit a sim only deal.

cheers

paddyboy

0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am Sim only (monthly) I own my unlocked phone so that is not the case.

0 Kudos
paddyboy
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes same here.  Sim only and my own unlocked phone.  Just have to wait and see what Virgin says.  They say they are looking into it.

0 Kudos