Menu
Hughug44
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Unable to receive calls when connected to WiFi HTC One Mini2

Hi

Just purchased an unlocked HTC One Mini 2 to use with my VM sim only. Am unable to receive calls or texts when connected to WiFi. When WiFi switched off texts and calls come through fine

Spoke to tech support who said never heard of this problem who passed me through to HTC who again said never heard of the problem.  Clearly this problem has been around a while with other phones looking at the forums.

Vodaphone sim works fine no problems.  Have tried changing internet setting to 2g / 3g preferred but only lasts a few minutes and then no calls. Also tried changing network provider to O2 and back to virgin again works for a short time.

Can anybody advise how to fix this??

Nick

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to receive calls when connected to WiFi HTC One Mini2

The tech may be mistaken. There's another thread about this very issue, but on a different handset.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nick,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with calls and texts when using WiFi.

I can see Gorf has been helping you out already which is great.

The link Gorf has provided to the other thread related to certain Sony and Samsung phones.

This issue was fixed with an update from the relevant handset manufacturer as in Sony and Samsung.

I would check you are using the latest software on your HTC handset and if not update it and see how it goes.

Hope this information helps.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Hughug44
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephen

Had a replacement sim arrive today and also did another factory reset.

The phone has the latest software from HTC. initially thought everything was working, connected to WiFi and was able to receive calls and texts. Then realised when WiFi was disconnected was unable to access Internet due to no APN settings. Installed the APN settings as per your website and was able to access Internet.  Re connected to WiFi and the not able to receive calls or texts again.

This fault is clearly to do with your mobile Internet settings. If HTC don't recognise this as a fault where do I go next?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nick,

Thanks for all the information. Understand this is frustrating for you.

Totally appreciate what your're saying with regards to our APN settings but if we did have an issue with these we would be inundated with customers reporting a similar situation to yourself which just isn't the case. 

The previous fault on the thread you were linked to by Gorf was for Samsung and Sony phones and was fixed with an update from these handset providers. 

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Hughug44
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephen

Is this issue only affecting unlocked phones as you sell the HTC One Mini 2 on your own network.

If I was to purchase one through VM would I have the same issues?

Nick

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hughug44,

Thanks for the response.

As far as I'm aware we do not currently have any issues with our handsets not being able to receive calls when connected to WiFi.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos
Hughug44
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Signed up for a new contract with virgin for a HTC One Mini 2.  Phone arrived today and having exactly the same problem. Can not receive calls or texts when connected to WiFi. Can someone advise what the issue is with with virgin??

0 Kudos
Hughug44
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Update. Before returning the phone I have been able to try a different VM sim with a different mobile number in the phone from a xperia z1 and it works calls are being received when connected to WiFi.  Called the tech team and said it must be an issue with the sim settings associated with that number as a different sim works fine. They offered to send out replacement sim but I had one last week and still have the problems. Is this anything to do with the sim previously being used in an iPhone??? Need an answer as it can't be the software on the phone as like I have said another VM sim works fine.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hughug44,

Thanks for keeping in touch and all the diagnostics you've performed to get to the bottom of this.

Cant see why the SIM being in an iPhone before would cause any issues.

Can understand your logic with the SIM being replaced although It maybe worth trying what the tech team have suggested so they can move the investigation on for you if it still doesn't resolve the issue.

Speak soon.

Many thanks 

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos