Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7 (158 Views)

Unable to receive calls / texts. ABLE to send calls / texts

Odd issue started yesterday where my phone decided it didnt want to receive calls or text messages but was perfectly happy to send texts or make calls.

I phoned 789 and was told my sim card was clearly at fault and I could wait a couple of days for a replacement. I dont know about you but I need a phone to receive calls on so I went into town to swap out my sim card. 

A few seconds later a flurry of texts came through and I made a quick test call to myself and it came through.

I pottered off back to the office and realised that no texts or calls were coming through so I went back to the branch and they told me to call the tech support line. 

half hour later after numerous tests I get told by their "top line support" that there was a problem on the network and it wasn't my phone or sim and it'd be "maybe 5 days" before it would be working.

I was with Three for 3 years without issue. I thought I'd come over to Virgin and see if they was any good but a week later and I'm in this situation.

It's apparently a widespread issue incase anyone wonders.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7 (134 Views)

Re: Unable to receive calls / texts. ABLE to send calls / texts

So the last call I received was Tuesday at 11AM

Swap sim at 11AM on wednesday and received a pile of text messages then the sim stopped working.

Now its 11AM on Thursday and it's still not working.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 7 (122 Views)

Hi, I'm so glad to have found this post as I have been having the exact same problem. My last text message was received at 10:50am on Tuesday and since then absolutely nothing. Unfortunately I don't live in an area where there is a Virgin Mobile shop so I have to wait for them to post out this new SIM which, if my problem is exactly the same as yours, will not make much difference! I've also only been with Virgin for just under a month and I was impressed up until now. I'm getting very tempted to move on from Virgin now after this...
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7 (114 Views)

Well it's gone 11AM and another day with no ability to receive calls or texts.

Sure the contract is only £9 a month for what I'm paying and a few days of limited service would only be worth maybe £1 in compensation so it's not worth it as the service is partially working.

I'm fortunate that I've got a company phone with Vodafone that works fine so I'm not missing anything important but it's really annoying.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7 (102 Views)

About 6pm I restarted my phone for the 4th time of the day and since then calls and texts have been coming through
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 7 (88 Views)

I have the same problem. Nice to see nothing is being done about it. Thanks Virgin.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7 (67 Views)

Hi All,

I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing a problem with receiving calls and texts. Has this been resolved for you since your posts?

If you are still having an issue with this, please send a private message to me with your name and full address, so that I can look into this further for you.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Once you've popped those details to me I'll be back in touch to confirm I've received your PM.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos