Menu
Harryo
Dialled in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Unable to login to my Mobile account

Hello,

I have been trying to login to my mobile account but have been unable to do so for a period of time.

It would appear that Virginmedia have recently made an upgrade to their systems which could have affected login procedures.

As my email address has not altered I tried logging in with just the email address and 'clicked on forgotten password', I then get a message stating that an email has been sent to my address with details of how to reset the password, (or words to that effect).

The only problem is that the email in question never arrives at my mail inbox, I have tried this a number of times but no email is forthcoming.

I want to order a new phone via my mobile account but this is proving impossible so no doubt will have to pay a visit to a Virgin phone store which is not very convenient!

Apart from phoning Virgin support is there any other way of getting my password reset?

- Harryo

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to login to my Mobile account

Does your email address have any characters other than A-Z, a-z, 0-9, @ and fullstop?

0 Kudos
mattnotfat
Just joined
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I have the exact same issue. I'm logged into my @blueyonder account, I have an email telling me I can view my mobile bill I folllow the link to login at https://mobile.virginmedia.com/ecare/login . It confirms my email address as the @blueyonder.co.uk account I'm already signed into. I've clicked three times, to get a reset mail, it confirms mail is going to that blueyonder.co.uk account, but an hour later nothing has appeared.

Maybe this is temporary issue as same thing has happened to you around the same time today?

0 Kudos
space_cowby
Superfast
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Enter your details click login, get denied. Delete your log in details retype them all again (do not use auto fill) and then click log in. 

Its wiered but works for me.

0 Kudos
Harryo
Dialled in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gorf,

My email address is standard, ie: name@blueyonder.co.uk, the system recognises the email address there just appears to be a glitch with the "Get a new password" program.

0 Kudos
Harryo
Dialled in
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

mattnotfat wrote:

I have the exact same issue. I'm logged into my @blueyonder account, I have an email telling me I can view my mobile bill I folllow the link to login at https://mobile.virginmedia.com/ecare/login . It confirms my email address as the @blueyonder.co.uk account I'm already signed into. I've clicked three times, to get a reset mail, it confirms mail is going to that blueyonder.co.uk account, but an hour later nothing has appeared.

Maybe this is temporary issue as same thing has happened to you around the same time today?

Hi mattnotfat,

I tried the reset password request this morning and received an email with a link for resetting password.

Clicked on the link which took me to a web page titled "Get a shiny new password here" filled in the details requested pressed the continue box and nothing happened!

Went back to my emails clicked the link in the reset password email and then went to a web page that stated;-

That link is no more

The link you just selected was only valid for 24 hours after your request

Would you like us to send you another email?

Yes, please re-send.

Clicked the re-send button at bottom of the page and still waiting for another 'password link email' to arrive.

What is puzzling me is how can an email that is valid for a period of 24-hours that arrived in my email inbox at 10.14am is no longer valid at 10.44am!

0 Kudos
Harryo
Dialled in
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi space_cowby,

Tried what you suggested but unfortunately did not work for me.

Will just have to try and get a password re-set to work.

BexTech
Superfast
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Try entering old password all in CAPS.

0 Kudos
Harryo
Dialled in
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi BexTech,

Tried what you suggested and no luck, still cannot get into my mobile account.

Might have to phone support sometime.

0 Kudos
Harryo
Dialled in
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Just a follow-up to my previous posting.

Once again this evening I requested a change of password, an email was sent to my mail account with a link for changing my password, this time when I inputted the new password I was able to log-in to my mobile account, something I have not been able to do for a considerable length of time.

I can only assume that the glitches affecting a change of password have now been sorted.