Menu
Bob19
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unable to keep a signal, or even get one!!

Recently moved to Wimborne area (Dorset) and finding it almost impossible to use my mobile. No signal or one line of strength only, even texts take four or five repeated failed messages.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unable to keep a signal, or even get one!!

Bob19, live nearby, and have almost the same problem.

Sadly, EE's coverage checker sometimes speaks with forked tongue, (it tells lies!!Smiley Tongue)

I have pointed this out before, as I have a personal phone on VM, and a works phone on Orange (EE). The VM phone never shows more than 2-3 bars signal strength, yet the works one always has 5bars...

Swapped the SIM's over just to prove it is not the phones, same result..VM sim..2-3 bars whichever phone it is in, Orange sim...5 bars, whichever phone it is in. (scientific or what!)

EE signal checker insists my locations are  'Excellent' for calls, texts and data...OK, it IS for the Orange  sim, but NOT for VM... (also, identical web pages load 20% slower on the VM sim than the Orange..Smiley Tongue)  

Go figure..............Use EE's checker by all means, but don't take what it tells you as gospel..

VM INSIST that there service is not 'capped' or 'managed' by EE,  you can believe what you like, but the TRUTH is, something is being done to VM signals, that's for sure!! 

All Replies
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Use the EE coverage check to see what you can expect then see if they are reporting any issues

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bob19,

Welcome into the Community and thank you for posting Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to read that there are some signal issues with the phone, it's great to see you've obtained some help already.

You can access the service checker here and I would like to ask if the signal strength changes when entering or exiting the house?

Stay in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Bob19, live nearby, and have almost the same problem.

Sadly, EE's coverage checker sometimes speaks with forked tongue, (it tells lies!!Smiley Tongue)

I have pointed this out before, as I have a personal phone on VM, and a works phone on Orange (EE). The VM phone never shows more than 2-3 bars signal strength, yet the works one always has 5bars...

Swapped the SIM's over just to prove it is not the phones, same result..VM sim..2-3 bars whichever phone it is in, Orange sim...5 bars, whichever phone it is in. (scientific or what!)

EE signal checker insists my locations are  'Excellent' for calls, texts and data...OK, it IS for the Orange  sim, but NOT for VM... (also, identical web pages load 20% slower on the VM sim than the Orange..Smiley Tongue)  

Go figure..............Use EE's checker by all means, but don't take what it tells you as gospel..

VM INSIST that there service is not 'capped' or 'managed' by EE,  you can believe what you like, but the TRUTH is, something is being done to VM signals, that's for sure!! 

Bob19
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there. The problem is in or out of the house. Sometimes when i walk into where the hub is, the signal goes full, for about thirty seconds!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bob19,

Thank you for coming in and posting back to me.

I would like to help and would just need some details from yourself to check the service and also the account. If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Speak to you soon.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know