Menu
kathyryno
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unable to get phone repaired!

Hi

So I have a Contract phone that I got for my son a moto g, the first handset broke & was sent back for repair ( the keypad wouldn't work) it couldn't be repaired so they replaced it, wasn't long before they sent the replacement, the replacement then developed a fault it won't accept incoming calls, doesn't show notifications, can't be locked and this is where the nightmare started, over 2 months later I still can't get the phone sent back for repair, they keep saying the imei numbers don't match those on the system & they'll have to submit a form which will take 14 days(that was over 2 months ago) I keep ringing up repeating myself to be told the exact same thing we will have to submit a form blah blah blah. Can someone else please tell me how I can get this resolved I'm at my wits end.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to get phone repaired!

What date did you set up the contract?
0 Kudos
kathyryno
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The Contract was set up July 2015, it's a 24 month contract!
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I suspect you may be doing this but, your only recourse is to keep trying call 789 ask them the check the repair notes, they should reflect the fact your phone was replaced and give the imei of the replacement, when your current phone reflects this they can add that phone to the account and start the repair process. Try to get to the tech team via the options at the start of the call they are your best chance

0 Kudos
kathyryno
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've tried giving them the imei number off the phone but because it doesn't seem to be registered on the system they say they have to submit a form in order for me to send it back for repair, the imei number on the box is different to what is on the phone, I don't know if they've sent the replacement phone in the first phone's box hence going round in circles...I've lost count of how many times I've rang them.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kathyryno,

Thank you for your messages, it's great to welcome you in Smiley Happy

I hope that there's been some helpful progress since the form and that if you need any help, please let me know.

All the best.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos