Menu
Connie07
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Unable to get my emails

Vigin media was down one day this week, since then I've been unable to obtain any emails onto my phone.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing helps.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to get my emails

Hi Connie07,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm really sorry to hear you've been unable to obtain emails on your phone for the past week or so.

I'd very much like to help with this matter but require more information first. Could you please answer the following questions:-

What do you mean Virgin Media was down?

Do you mean our Broadband and TV service was down?

Do you mean our website was down?

What have you uninstalled and reinstalled?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Connie07
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rich

Virgin down ?  Maybe this was only local, I don't know, but we couldn't get onto Virgin broadband on either our main processor or my laptop.  TV was ok and landline phone ok.  But I couldn't get emails on any equipment including my mobile for over 24 hours.

I telephoned 150 and spoke with one of the agents and he suggested I uninstall and reinstall on my mobile.  I did this several times with no success. I did turn of my mobile in between uninstall etc. Still no joy.  The agent said he couldn't help any more, but he did email a copy of the instructions.  Again tried all the instructions without success.

I went to Carphone Warehouse this morning thinking that my old Nokia Lumia 710 may be at fault.  The assistant was very helpful and he tried all the info and tried on his telephone too, but again he couldn't access the emails.  He suggested that I telephone Virgin again or possible leave Virgin altogether if they are unable to sort out the problem.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Connie07
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rich

Just another point, when I try looking in settings now, I get the following message:

Not updated

We're not able to download messages at the moment. Try again later

Error code 80070015

Does this help

Barbara

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me Barbara.

If Virgin Broadband was down then no you wouldn't get access to emails on any device unless you had another source of internet connection. You should still have gotten them on any mobile phone with 3G or 4G enabled.

I'm afraid I still don't know what you're trying to uninstall or reinstall. Is this an app you've downloaded?

Are you trying to access Virgin emails?

Or are you trying to access someone different?

Do you have a Virgin Mobile?

I've done a quick Google search for 80070015 and it suggests it's a Microsoft error code. This would make sense because the Lumia runs this OS. Take a look around to see if anything is relevant to you.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Connie07
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi,  Virgin kept telling me that there wasn't a problem, so I went to Carphone Warehouse to see if it was my mobile phone.  They said the phone was ok, and that it was definately Virgin problem. Considering the problem had then been going on for a couple of weeks or so  I sent in the request for help on the Virgin Community.   

I then contacted Virgin again by phone - for about the 4th or 5th time, and was told that there was a problem with the email app on mobile phones and would be repaired within a couple of days.  Checking on their site, after a couple of days it showed that the problems had been resolved and that there was no longer a problem with broadband.  WRONG.  I can get broadband and email on my laptop, but cannot get emails on my mobile, neither via the web page nor the app that is set up on the front screen of the mobile.  I went to Carphone Warehouse again thinking to get a new phone, but again they said that it was definately Virgin and to contact them again. So again I telephoned Virgin and after some time trying to explain the problem with a young lady who kept having to check with her supervisor, she told me that there was a problem with the 'tower' in my area and should be working again soon.  I'm still waiting... and still no emails...

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Barbara Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that you're still having issues with this. I want to get this all sorted for you. 

Have you removed the email account from the phone and tried to re-add this?

You can do this by following these steps:

1. On the homescreen, open the menu.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Tap email + accounts.
  4. Tap on the account you want to delete.
  5. Tap delete.
  6. A message will appear to ask if you want to delete the account. To confirm, tap delete.

You will then be able to re-add the account to see if this will help.

Let me know how you get on with this as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Connie07
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat,

Yes I have tried this several times.  Also went I went to Carphone Warehouse to see if they could help, they tried a couple of times.  Still no joy...

Any other suggestions?

Barbara

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

That's very strange Babara! 

Have you tried setting up the accoun using the method here?

If you need any of the email settings, you can find them here.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Connie07
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

My mobile is a Lumia 710 which has Windows 7. it doesn't look like the one you're showing at all

Are you sure the instructions are the same.  At the moment, although I can get on to broadband on my Laptop, I cannot open Virgin Media on my Laptop. Is there still a problem with the system?

Barbara

0 Kudos