Menu
madanmanickam
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unable to dial 111

Hi,

I am unable to reach the NHS 111 number from my mobile - get a recorded message that I have dialled an incorrect number. Called the Virgin 789 mobile Support number and got quite a bit of misleading advice - initially I was told that 111 is an incorrect number and later to try 118 directory services as 111 is blocked!!! I explained to the agent that I was calling from within England and 111 is the universal non-emergency medical number. He advised that I should try after some time as there was some system problem. I have tried several times after that, but still unable to get through 111.

Has anyone else had similar issues and is there some way this can be resolved?

Thanks,

Madan

0 Kudos
madanmanickam
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to dial 111

After another call to Support and few more tries, I am now able to dial 111 and get through. It looks like some settings need to be changed on your mobile account for you to be able to dial 111...
0 Kudos
nick_london
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I had this problem today too and I had to use a BT payphone to use the service this is a serious problem and your breaking regulations.
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It must be a setting it's working for me and I've never called it before a moment ago
0 Kudos
madanmanickam
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

After the system setting (as advised by the Support team) change on my Virgin mobile, I was able to use 111 for a few of calls. However, the following day, it stopped working towards the evening again(get a service message "you have dialled an incorrect number").

There does seem to be some intermittent issue dialling 111 from Virgin mobiles. This is quite a concern as you usually need to use 111 when you have some medical issue and really can do without mobile service issues as well during that time.....

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi madanmanickam

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you're having contacting the NHS number 111. I've been able to locate your account using your forum details but am unable to identify the issue.

Is it still giving you an error message when dialled now?

Regards

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
nick_london
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

The number is now working possibly having contacted customer services.

If it is something to do with settings then I'm sorry this bug needs to be fixed, it can cause panic. Just lucky there was a BT payphone nearby.

101,111 and 112/999 are very important services and should be easily reachable. Regulations say all providers including VoIP networks must provide access to these services although location detection will not work on VoIP and may also not be usable during a power cut. 101 is a chargable service of a flat rate of 15p, so prepay customers need to be in credit, calls from BT payphones to 101,111 and 112/999 are free at all times.

Just makes me wonder if I needed 999 if that problem would occur? Its obviously effecting or effected others as this thread was started by someone else some time ago.
0 Kudos
madanmanickam
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Dave,

Yes, I am able to dial 111 now.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Madan

0 Kudos