Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 358
Flag for a moderator

Un-usable internet - 3g Full Signal speed test = 0.25mbps

This is doing my head in now and ive had enough.

I've spoke to customer support, who are absolute idiots so I am not prepared to call them anymore.

Firstly ive done everything on your Help page, INCLUDING TURN THE PHONE OFF AND ON and guess what? DID NOTHING!  

Do you guys think everyone is an idiot? Do you think we dont try to sort things out before calling you? Do you think we all love speaking to so much that we call so you can talk us through turning the phone on and off?

The amount of other people other read which are having this problem just proves its not the phones fault its your fault!  Stop trying to deflect blame on to people's handsets and take responsibility for your crap service!

I spoke to your technical team, I was told they needed to trouble shoot and i coulndt be on the phone while they talked me through it, but guess what, i only have 1 phone? I have no landline, and no alternative way on contacting anyone, so unless your willing to send me one for free this isnt a viable option!

I want someone from your complaint department to call me back and sort this out ASAP!

Please get a semi-inteligant person to call me and handle my complaint, becuase if i have to speak to another idiot i will not be plesant to them.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 358
Flag for a moderator

Re: Un-usable internet - 3g Full Signal speed test = 0.25mbps

Hi 453921

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with the 3G service at the moment.

The speeds you actually obtain via 3G can vary depending on the strength of signal and the number of people using the network in that area.

Can you confirm if this issue happens everywhere you go or if it is specific to one area?

Also, have you been able to test your SIM card in another handset to check whether the fault could be with your device itself?

Could you also confirm how long you've been experiencing this issue and are you on one of our unlimited data packages?

If you could get back in touch with the answer to these questions we'll be happy to assist further for you Smiley Happy

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 358
Flag for a moderator

Are you taking the **bleep**?
0 Kudos
FatherVic
Joining in
Message 4 of 358
Flag for a moderator

I'm experiencing the same and I've no idea what to do...

The fact that the speed comes and goes suggests its a signal problem rather than hardware/software but I refuse to believe it would be traffic with how it currently works (or doesn't). That others experience this too is a good sign for me that I'm not going crazy or that my handset is faulty
I can be in the town on full bars, showing H+ and suddenly the load slows down to a snails pace.
Its not that I'm so impatient I can't wait to get my 'net fix, I just want a consistent and reliable service.
0 Kudos
Fletch33
Up to speed
Message 5 of 358
Flag for a moderator

Myself and the wife have also had this problem, one with an iPhone 4s and one with a Nokia Lumia 630.

I did post a separate thread regarding this but it has so far failed to gain a response.

0 Kudos
covkid69
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 358
Flag for a moderator

Have to agree 3G from virgin is useless.
Why have I got all you can eat data when it's no effing good. Think my phone must be on a diet coz it's not eating much.
Wish virgin would stop with the bull and admit that their 3G is total crap.
Tried to stream a 24 second video with a good signal strength and 3G but it buffered constantly
Can't wait till this contract ends so I can do one to a decent network
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Fletch33
Up to speed
Message 7 of 358
Flag for a moderator

Tried to run a speed test via 3G this morning via the app and it failed to even find a server, flashing "Network communication issues", despite having four out of five bars and 3G logo appearing on screen on my iPhone 4s in Bournemouth.

According to my previous results (didn't run it regularly) I used to get around 6mb in June.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 358
Flag for a moderator

How is everyone testing their download speeds? ookla.net?

0 Kudos
Fletch33
Up to speed
Message 9 of 358
Flag for a moderator

Gorf wrote:

How is everyone testing their download speeds? ookla.net?

Yes...when I actually have a Virgin 3G signal to connect.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 358
Flag for a moderator

Just tried mine. 1.4mbps down, 1.5mbps up. 88ms ping.

SGS4 was displaying "H+" in the status bar for the duration of the test....

0 Kudos