Menu
lozcuinu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

URGENT...cannot make call/txt from France. Race in Alps require mobile

Need urgent help!  Race in Alps tomorrow require a mobile for emergency assistance.  I've roaming on (pay monthly SIM), tried both Orange FR and Bouygues.  Message says my subscription does not allow it.

Cannot for the life of me contact Virgin

0 Kudos
AcecorePotter
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: URGENT...cannot make call/txt from France. Race in Alps require mobile

Hi there

If that message you are receiving is when you are selecting a network, it is possible your roaming service is not fully provisioned, even if your online account says it is.

If you have access to it turn OFF your roaming service on your online account and then switch it back on. Allow a little time for this to complete on the network and then reboot your device after a couple of hours. You should then be able to connect to a network without that error.

Hope this helps

Liam

I work for Virgin Mobile but my views and opinions are my own. Virgin Media are not responsible for my comments.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: URGENT...cannot make call/txt from France. Race in Alps require mobile

Hi lozcuinu and welcome back Smiley Happy

I hope that you're enjoying your trip and have been doing lots of sightseeing while racing Smiley Happy

I can see that AcecorePotter has popped in some good advice here and I would like to know if this has helped? If not, I can certainly help resolve this from here Smiley Happy

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos