Menu
Nicholas94
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

URGENT. Am in Holland. Have had accident. But when I call UK says call is not allowed

But when I call UK says call is not allowed

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: URGENT. Am in Holland. Have had accident. But when I call UK says call is not allowed

Hi Nicholas94,

it sounds like International call barring may be on in your account.

Go to "Manage my services" > check that "Roaming" is set to ON & "International call barring" needs to be set to OFF

If you have to change these settings. Allow time for your account to update then reboot your phone by turning it off & on again.

If this is not your problem and you can use another phone to call Virgin Mobile. Their UK support line number is: +447953 967 967

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Nicholas94
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: URGENT. Am in Holland. Have had accident. But when I call UK says call is not allowed

Yes International Call Barring was off because the Virgin screen says: "Activating this bar means you won't be able to call foreign landlines and mobiles from the UK." But I am not call from the UK; I am calling from abroad.

I have now turned off the bar and will reboot and hopefully this will do the trick. Virgin need to reword their on-screen help!

Thanks for your time and assistance.

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Nicholas94 wrote:

Yes International Call Barring was off because the Virgin screen says: "Activating this bar means you won't be able to call foreign landlines and mobiles from the UK." But I am not call from the UK; I am calling from abroad.

I have now turned off the bar and will reboot and hopefully this will do the trick. Virgin need to reword their on-screen help!

Thanks for your time and assistance.

It was worded correctly untill recently, it did mention that it would also bar calling from abroad, as to why that has been removed ????

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos