Menu
David63
Superfast
Message 1 of 67
Flag for a moderator

UPDATE ON 4G FROM EE CEO's OFFICE!!

I copy a section sent from the CEO's office when i contacted them on thier stance on 4g for virgin customers. This is what they said below.

I acknowledge your comments regarding EE providing 4G coverage to Virgin customers. Virgin uses the EE Network for the provision of their Network services. From the information you have provided they already provide 4G to their Business customers therefore it must be a Business decision on their behalf as to when they will provide 4G to their consumer base.

What i would like to know is why virgin insist that it is EE that will not let them use their 4g network. This is simply not the case as EE have confirmed this in their reply to me stating it is a virgin business decision not one of EE.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 67
Flag for a moderator

Re: UPDATE ON 4G FROM EE CEO's OFFICE!!

maybe down to the cost then.
0 Kudos
David63
Superfast
Message 3 of 67
Flag for a moderator

I thought it might be this simply shows that VM have no consideration for their LOYAL customers. It simply comes down to money. The virgin group currently have over 400 companys worldwide i dont think they should struggle to bring the best for its customers.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 67
Flag for a moderator

HA the best... Virgin Mobile is the worst mobile provider out there. Its a joke they even have cusomers. i'd never use them
0 Kudos
David63
Superfast
Message 5 of 67
Flag for a moderator

Exactly they have no incentives for their customers and that is simply shocking.
0 Kudos
David63
Superfast
Message 6 of 67
Flag for a moderator

****FURTHER UPDATE*****

I just received a call from VM about my ongoing issues with 4g. The advisor was quite pleasant however they confirmed that they are not aware of any contract between EE and Virgin having access to the 4g network. I find this very cery strange because EE confirmed that it is simply a buisness decision on virgins behalf whether they allow their customers 4g as the currentrly allow their buisness customers to access it. Some one isnt telling the truth here and its not on.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 67
Flag for a moderator

As we have previously had some level of interaction that proved fairly fruitless I held off posting in your threads for a bit. And I will be very much to the point, apologies if it seems brusque.

It is 100% EE's decision not to allow VM  "residential" (for want of a better reference) mobile customers access to their 4G network. Thats despite your email from a low level spod in the EE, CEO's office.  4G access for business level customers is a sop to VM to allow them to compete in the business marketplace.

0 Kudos
David63
Superfast
Message 8 of 67
Flag for a moderator

Well im not convinced why would they say that.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 67
Flag for a moderator

You've pointed it out yourself.

"Someone isn't telling the truth here"

Re-read your email response.

To translate - "well if YOU say they give their business customers 4G it must be a business decision blah blah blah..." weasel words to CYA

Its a reply that's not actually a response.

The evidence that's the case (Its EE) isn't hard to find (GIYF)

Don't get me wrong- VM have been fairly non-committal as well. They should really step up and say "sorry no 4G till EE let us"

But that's not going to happen either. Its in neither party's interest to poison the well they both drink from.

David63
Superfast
Message 10 of 67
Flag for a moderator

EE HAVE SAID THEY CAN USE THE 4g SINCE THEY SLREADY USE IT FOR BUSINESS CUSTOMERS SO WHY WONT VIRGIN ALLOW THEIR REGULAR CUSTOMERS TO USE IT. BECAUSE THEY HAVE SAID TO ME THIS EVENING IN A FONE CALL THAT THEY DO NOT HAVE ANY CONTRACT WITH EE FOR 4g.
0 Kudos