Menu
DavidVGriffiths
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

UNLOCKING SAMSUNG PHONES NETWORKED TO VIRGIN

I've spent considerable time talking to Virgin call centres in an attempt to get a Samsung GT-S5260 phone unlocked from Virgin Mobile. One call centre rep said Virgin would unlock it but that it would take three weeks. Before I could take things further we were cut off! I phoned again and was told categorically that Virgin couldn't unlock it because "my phone wasn't registered with Virgin".  I challenged this but was repeatedly told to ask Samsung to unlock the phone. I duly asked Samsung if they would do so but they say only Virgin can unlock it. Does anyone know the truth in such situations, please? The recent changes to the law suggest that the network provider cannot reasonably refuse to unlock a phone, even for PAYG customers like me who have had their phone for many years.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: UNLOCKING SAMSUNG PHONES NETWORKED TO VIRGIN

It a lottery it depends if you get some one with the right training, experience and interest, as payg they can charge you for the privilege at about £15, I think a local shop can do it for that or less with much less hassle and time
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: UNLOCKING SAMSUNG PHONES NETWORKED TO VIRGIN

Hi DavidVGriffiths, 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you are having troubles unlocking your device. I will be more than happy to assist you with this but I will need some more information around the account and the handset so I will send you a private message and see what I can sort out for you. Keep an eye on the message envelope in the top right hand side. 

Look forward to hearing from you

Thanks 

Mike 

0 Kudos