Menu
teddybear1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

UNLOCKING DECEASED RELATIVE's MOBILE PHONE

Hi   Recently acquired a telephone - mobile - when clearing contents of relative who died very suddenly and unexpectedly...

I dearly want to be able to use this mobile but with another provider.     I have been told by Virgin, that because it was not originally registered in his name, that they cannot provide me with an unlocking number.    I do believe that the person who gave him the telephone is also too deceased, so we are not able to contact them either for a password and never knew their last name. .      I have spoken to Virgin staff, and they are totally unable to help.    I have taken the phone to many many shops to have it unlocked, and, they are not able to do it either. 

It is a Sagem      ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE   Desperate to use HIS phone ( to remember him by) though that may sound silly to some.)

THANKs

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: UNLOCKING DECEASED RELATIVE's MOBILE PHONE

Hi teddybear1,

Welcome to the forums

I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope you're well.

I'm afraid that if we're unable to unlock the phone, the only other option is to get it unlocked by other sources. I'm afraid I'd be unable to point you in the direction of this I'm afraid.

I'll open this up to our community to see if they can help with this.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
teddybear1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that.   have taken it to many unlocking shops, and non of them are able to help at all.    I don't seem to be able to get a reasonable reason apart from it it an old mobile.  SAGEM 5.3     I , keep telling myself to stop trying, but I so want to use my relatives  telephone.   It is all we have left of them

I thought it was going to be so straight forward too and did think a little compasion would have been shown when I spoke to Virgin staff

Thank you

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Teddybear1,

If this is a very old handset, I'm afraid there's not much a lot of people can do to unlock this. I understand this may be hard and I want to offer my apologies that we can't do more for you in this situation.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
teddybear1
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your comments..   I have sadly  given up all hope now of being able to use the phone

Bye

0 Kudos