Menu
newmike
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tying to use my iPhone in Italy but despite having ensured my account set for roaming get 'no response'

My settings on my virgin account show I am set for roaming.  However cannot get signal response.  After searching process end up with no service response.

Phone itself appears to be correctly set up for roaming etc.

Any ideas as to how to resolve?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tying to use my iPhone in Italy but despite having ensured my account set for roaming get 'no...

Hi newmike,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear roaming isn't working for you.  Where in Italy are you at the moment?  We'll need to check the coverage as it's possible there isn't any availability and that's why things are working.

Let me know and we'll check it further for you.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
newmike
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tying to use my iPhone in Italy but despite having ensured my account set for roaming get 'no...

I'm back in UK now.    I was in Bologna, so a major city.  My wife had no problem getting a signal on her phone, though she is not a Virgin Mobile customer, so I would assume it should not have been a problem for me.

My main concern, as I am due to go abroad again very shortly, is that I do not have a similar problem but, at present have rather lost confidence in VM

How can I ensure it does not arise again?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi newmike,

Thanks for keeping us updated.

I've checked Bologna and you're right, the whole of that area seems to have a good signal.

A suggestion I made to another customer in Majorca was to disable roaming and then enable again. A few hours later it was connected to a local network.

So please try this and let me know if you have any further problems.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos