Menu
BettyBoo1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Turned down after credit check - don't know why

I just tried to sign up for a SIM only deal with Virgin Media and I was refused after the credit check.  I checked my credit report and it's fine.  I'm a stay at home mum so I don't have an income, which is the only reason I can think why it was turned down. 

I looked this up and apparently a law was passed a few years ago so that you couldn't be turned down on your income if you were in this situation.  Anyone else had this experience?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Turned down after credit check - don't know why

Virgin have there "own" credit check and uses its own rules, its quite strict about it sadly
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sadly I've been a Virgin customer for many years, use the Free credit check firm thats been on TV it may be that Virgin failed you before a "real check" was carried out, I hope it goes well for you
fyi other companys do this as well, but far from all of them

All Replies
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Virgin have there "own" credit check and uses its own rules, its quite strict about it sadly
0 Kudos
BettyBoo1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John - I'm scared to get any other phone companies to check now in case I end up with bad credit rating from them all refusing credit!  Let me know if you know if any are better than others for credit checks.

Thanks

Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sadly I've been a Virgin customer for many years, use the Free credit check firm thats been on TV it may be that Virgin failed you before a "real check" was carried out, I hope it goes well for you
fyi other companys do this as well, but far from all of them