Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3 (42 Views)

Trying to move 2 phones to Virgin

I have 2 phones on a vodafone contract. The contract is at an end so I wanted to get VM pay monthly SIMS, one for each phone, port the numbers across and save lots of money.

I went online ordered a monthly rolling contract SIMS only (2500 mins 4 Gb data).

I'm an existing broadband and TV customer but new to VMobile.

So I clicked on new mobile customer and entered a gmail address (blueyonder never works over vodafone 4g) and entered my Vodafone mobile number as contact.

I got emails saying my account has been set up, verify the address etc. So I logged in, all seems fine. I got an email acknowledging the order.

I then went back through the process to order a second SIM. This time if clicked on 'already a virgin mobile customer' and entered the e-mail address. Completed the order. I got an email acknowledging the order, with a different order ref.  Logged on and I can see 2 orders.

Later that evening I get an e-mail saying the second order has been processed and dispatched. But heard nothing about the first order.

The next day I logged in and can see that the second order is marked as complete but the first order is still marked as getting picked at Virgin HQ.

I rang the customer helpline and they didn't seem to understand that I had 2 orders. They could only see one, and couldn't understand why I want ed 2 SIMS.

They passed me onto SIM support (I think). They confirmed that my SIM was in the post. I can see on the website the phone number allocated. I said that I had placed 2 orders and gave them the order number. They said that both had been processed. But I can only see one number on the website. So I asked him to confirm the 2 numbers. One matched the number on the website (good). But the second one was my existing vodafone number.

I told him that can't be right as they cannot allocate my existing number until it is released using a PAC code.

He gave up at this point, saying it's in the post and I just have to wait 3-5 days for it to arrive.

Just checked the website again 6 hours later and is still says 1 order completed and one being processed at virgin. Only one phone number showing.

Can I not have 2 SIMS, one for each of my existing phones?

I was hoping they would arrive at the same time so I could get PACs for each of the vodafones and move them over to VM at the same time.

Any advice?

Keith

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 2 of 3 (35 Views)

Re: Trying to move 2 phones to Virgin

BEST advice is consult trust pilot Before choosing a. mobile supplier. You have just discovered, the hard way, that you chose the most incompetent, worst rated one .

Rated 1.4 out of 10.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/virginmobile.co.uk

Virginmobile reviews
Bad
from 0 - 10
Review company
0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 3 of 3 (20 Views)

Re: Trying to move 2 phones to Virgin

[ Edited ]

cybmole wrote:

BEST advice is consult trust pilot Before choosing a. mobile supplier. You have just discovered, the hard way, that you chose the most incompetent, worst rated one .

Rated 1.4 out of 10.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/virginmobile.co.uk

Virginmobile reviews
Bad
from 0 - 10
Review company

Much like the Trustpilot review of their Broadband , (1.1 out of 10!!)

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.virginmedia.com

There's poor, there's bad, and then there's Virgin Media.

According to Trustpilot, worst BB provider, and worst Mobile provider...

Real achievement there VM, assume LG are really proud of those awards!!

0 Kudos