Menu
Justinuk73
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Trying to cancel before 22nd March

I'm trying to cancel my Virginmedia mobile account, with 30 days notice by march 22nd.

I phoned up today,earlier than intnended, to cancel knonwing my 30 days would allow for my final 24th refresh date to pass. 

However, firstly i'm told that my contract doesn't finish untilMay 23rd! This despite checking in store before Christmas to be my finish date is 22nd March. Despite also now being hassled, on a daily basis, by VM - through their 800 number - to upgrade my phone contract early! 

I asked the lady in question to looking into that further as the May is not currect.

After a while of waiting she managed to find out that my contract does end 2£nd March. However, I can't cancel until 22nd Feb! I idon't understand why I can't cancel now gen 30 days has to be given and i'd pass my 24th refreshdate before my service ends anyeay!

Originally I was going to cancel on 20th Feb to end by 22nd March but it seems that given that there being only 29 days in Feb this year. I'll get my March allowances and will be expexted to pay for them!!!! Is this right? Can I not cancel a bit sooner? 

I wanted cancel so maybe these upgrade contract phone calls would stop. Looks like i'm stuck with a right headache (constant phone calls and paying extra for allowances I no longer want).

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Trying to cancel before 22nd March

You can give notice any time in the 29 days after 22 Feb. The 30 day span starts the day before, which is a Sunday. The earlier in the notice period that you inform them, the better; however according to the forum team as long as you cancel before your 24th refresh, it will work.

Convincing the call centre staff that this is correct is another matter entirely.

All Replies
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The easiest way to cancel an account if you are within the last 30 days is to get a PAC code to transfer your number to another network.

If you are going somewhere else give them the PAC code. When the number transfers your account with Virgin will be at an end.

If you are not ready to do that you could PAC to a cheap PAYG SIM for a while

0 Kudos
Justinuk73
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ah, that wasn't what I was saying. Sorry for the miss-understanding. My post was a bit of a ramble.

I just wanted to set up a cancellation of service to happen by 21st March. I'll be going else where and i'll aquire a new number as i'm getting too many "car accident" calls.

Does this mean that when cancelling I can't cancel until 22nd Feb, which means my service will terminate 23rd March. This also means i'll get my refreshed allowance for March on 22nd March. Means i'll have to pay for those! 

Would have been better cancelling early and pay the excess off.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You can give notice any time in the 29 days after 22 Feb. The 30 day span starts the day before, which is a Sunday. The earlier in the notice period that you inform them, the better; however according to the forum team as long as you cancel before your 24th refresh, it will work.

Convincing the call centre staff that this is correct is another matter entirely.
Justinuk73
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, that clarifies the situation. I'll try again a little closer to my 24th refresher date (24th Feb).

Worth keep tryin, especially as February is a particularly short month.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos