Menu
md_ford
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Trying to buy a phone!

Trying but not really succeeding.

my partner needs a new phone so I decided to buy her a pay monthly online. Got as far as entering the credit card info for security check when the page went blank. after getting an error message I updated the page and the order was on hold, with a message that someone would contact me!
That didn't happen after an hour so I phoned vmedia. none of the phone options seemed to fit, but I did get through to someone. Im sorry but I have no idea what they were saying! I understood a few broken English words but nothing that made sense. so I apologized and hung up.
Tried the online chat. typed in my problem, and chat shut down with some message about thank you for talking to us!!! chance would be a fine thing!! Phoned again chose different option same call center, but someone I could understand!!
turned out to be the wrong department- great. Transferred me to sales or somewhere, the conversation there was strained at best, but I sort of got my message across. She said something about sorting it out, which to her credit she did, the status on the order changed. She then said she is sending me some emails for direct debits etc. she confirmed my email address and that was it. took its time but job done!

about 6 hours later still no emails- Im guessing the MRS isn't getting a new phone!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to buy a phone!

Hi MD_Ford,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having issues with purchasing the phone. Can you let me know if you've received any emails yet?

I'm here if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi MD_Ford,

How are you getting on with this currently?

Let me know if you need me Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
md_ford
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Phoned again and got no help, or Emails. Contacted someone through online chat, she was very helpfull and contacted the people who deal with contracts. They had no idea about the order but said they would sort it and send the emails.saveral days later no emails. Ended up canceling and buying one from Argos, took around 30 minutes!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

We're sorry to lose you Md_ford Smiley Sad 

I wish we could've done more to keep you on board. Please let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos