Menu
ellisechanelle
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Trouble with upgrading and customer services?

Okay so I originally took out a contract sim with virgin as I only needed a sim and was told these guys were best.. So I got the VIP at £15pm unltd calls texts 2g data, brilliant!

My phone then breaks, I call and wonder can I upgrade they tell me sure after 3 months.. 3 months later I'm told one month. I get an email and the automated voice on my phone tells me that I'm able to upgrade yet when I speak to someone they tell me six months.

I ask at the same time can you change my bill date as I've changed jobs and pay day is different.. To receive a text a couple of weeks later telling me my bill hasn't been paid and when I finally call up after 789 doesn't work they fix the problem BUT TELL ME BECAUSE MY BILL WAS LATE I NEED TO WAIT ANOTHER SIX MONTHS BEFORE I CAN UPGRADE!!! Anyone had a similar problem because I'm ready to leave virgin already
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trouble with upgrading and customer services?

You were missinformed, there is no automatic entitlement to change from sim only to full contract and never was, it's just salespeople dangling you on a line in the hope that you will pass a couple of months later. To be honest, it far cheaper to buy a sim free phone and drop a sim only deal SIM card into it. I buy the phone and drop the cost onto my 0% credit card, normally £200+ cheaper that a contract phone, if your after the a top end phone the savings are more, and if you get fed up with the service you cancel the sim and go elsewhere, still with a gtee from the manufacturer.

0 Kudos