They need to put something up on website

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 92 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trouble making / receiving calls and texts

Nicknackday wrote:

In this day and age the problem is shocking.  There is so much competition around that Virgin are really shooting themselves in the foot - poor technical service, appalling customer service, expensive.  Shame on you Virgin.  Now looking at BT as an alternative option, very interesting now that I've just ended the contract with Virgin (fortunately).

But BT Mobile are having exactly the same issues as well.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
alig301
Joining in
Message 93 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Looks like it is back up

0 Kudos
jimmym73
Joining in
Message 94 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Outgoing calls on Virgin Mobile

My Samsung j3 phone is broken - screen cracked and black so I put my SIM in to my wife's old iphone 7 - I didn 't seem to be locked and thought it was working but today I don't seem to be able to make most outgoing calls.  Could call my wife but none of the others.  I am recieving calls ok as well as texts.

0 Kudos
JackieDubya
Joining in
Message 95 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Can not make any calls to any landline from Virgin mobile phone

I have three mobiles all with Virgin.
As of this morning I can not make any calls to any landline numbers - it is as if I am trying to call dead numbers. There is nothing wrong with these landline numbers - hospitals neighbours etc it is the fault of Virgin Mobile this has been proven
So come on Virgin Media - sort this out
1. For over 6 hours been unable to place any calls to any landline number using my Virgin mobile
2. When I try and call 789 to speak with someone I get three bleeps and line goes dead

What happens if there is an emergency and someone is relying on using their Virgin mobile to contact a landline number - this is why people have mobiles 

0 Kudos
countyexile
On our wavelength
Message 96 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Same for me. Haven't been able to make calls to landlines from my mobile since early this morning.
Most annoying that virgin are clearly aware of the issue but service status and line tests try to tell us nothing is wrong!
0 Kudos
stuartfoster
Settling in
Message 97 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Terrible service from Virgin today.

I have had 2 phone calls with them totalling almost 2 hours. Unable to contact my employer and have had to pay for a taxi to go back into work costing me money.

Even after a 38 minute wait and over an hour after that. Just an absolute shambles really. 

After the first call I was told everything was fine just 'turn it back on again'. After that I went from at least being able to contact  people via landline to NOBODY AT ALLL!!!.

That's right my call to Virgin customer services 789 actually made things worse! Utter comedy and a disgrace.

Never encountered such incompetence. Over 4 hours in the end, I have given up now. Certainly given up on virgin. Cancelling my broadband, tv and phone.

I only wanted to phone work and perhaps my mum for a minute. Turned into nightmare. An omnishambles, snafu, an utter disgrace. 

I like Elton John but I ain't listening to him for hours on  the phone **bleep**.

Contract cancelled.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
twinks
Dialled in
Message 98 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can not make any calls to any landline from Virgin mobile phone

I have Orange and EE mobiles.
I have been told that they have the same issue and its nationwide so Virgin may be effected also
twinks
0 Kudos
JackieDubya
Joining in
Message 99 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to call landlines

Having exactly the same problem - I have tried to call 789 from my mobile to report the problem and all I get is three beeps and then line goes dead. 

0 Kudos
stuart6903
Joining in
Message 100 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Trouble making / receiving calls and texts

It is about 3 hours since I was able to make a call from my phone, just wondering what is going on, I see plenty of others are facing similar issues. Not a good position to be in!

Is there any idea of when resolution might be put in place?

0 Kudos