Menu
Message 24 of 137
Flag for a moderator

Trouble making / receiving calls and texts

We're aware some customers are experiencing issues with making / receiving calls and sending / receiving texts at present.

Our team are looking into this issue at the moment, we'll let you know once we have a further update.

UPDATE 15.25
We are aware of an issue on the EE network, which we use to provide our mobile services. 
This has caused voice services to be currently unavailable.
Emergency calls, as well as all data and messaging services, are working as normal.
We are in close communication with EE as they investigate this issue and aim to fix it as quickly as possible.
We apologise to our customers for any inconvenience.

UPDATE: 19:22

The fault has now been reported as resolved. We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused. 

Kindest regards,

Moderation team

claire88
Tuning in
Message 1 of 137
Flag for a moderator

All texts are failing

Since i woke 2 hours ago all my texts messages are failing when trying to send. Texts were sending fine before 11:30pm last night when i sent my last text. Is this an issue today?
0 Kudos
redcantona
Tuning in
Message 2 of 137
Flag for a moderator

Can't make landline calls.

As above. Inserted sim card yesterday, everything works fine except for making calls to a landline. It just kind of hangs, no ringing then disconnects after about a minute. Outgoing and incoming mobile calls are fine and I can make a call from my home phone to my mobile.

Christos2
Joining in
Message 3 of 137
Flag for a moderator

Cannot make calls from my IPhone 5s

I cannot make calls from my IPhone 5s it looks like it is ringing a number but doesn't connect and no sound? I can accept calls etc. I have held down home and power button for 10 secs and phone restarted but still doing the same. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 137
Flag for a moderator

Re: All texts are failing

Hi claire88,

I'm sorry that you are experiencing a problem with your texts. Has this been sorted out for you since your post?

If you are still having an issue with this, please send me a private message by clicking this link: PM me hereand provide the following details:

• Full name on the account
  • Mobile number

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

JohnC7
Joining in
Message 5 of 137
Flag for a moderator

Calls to landlines

Unable to make landline calls on both our Virgin mobiles.

Susie383
Joining in
Message 6 of 137
Flag for a moderator

Re: All texts are failing

Help!

Since 10.30am I cannot send/receive texts or make/receive calls. I called 789 who said they would call back after I had removed and replaced sim from phone, obviously they can't call back as phone isn't receiving calls and I can no longer get through to 789. There is no live chat anymore either. What do I do???

0 Kudos
davehusband
Joining in
Message 7 of 137
Flag for a moderator

Re: Calls to landlines

Same here (north east England)

emfan
Tuning in
Message 8 of 137
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't make landline calls.

I am having this at the minute - it seems like it is a service issue? My phone has always worked fine until this morning. Could be that your phone is fine! Also, if I call my own landline with my mobile, my landline rings after I hang up (my phone is either silent or says my landline is engaged) and 1471 says it's my mobile calling. Weird.

0 Kudos
Banana_Rebel
Just joined
Message 9 of 137
Flag for a moderator

Unable to send texts/mobile network state "disconnected"

Hi everyone,

I'm currently unable to send any texts, my is clearly able to receive signal however whenever I go to send texts all it says is "unable to send text"

If I go into settings under "mobile network state" it says.it's disconnected, I'm not sure if that's recent or not.

Under mobile number it says "unknown" however it's been like that for a long time.

I'm on a Sony Aqua and my sim card is 4G ready.
0 Kudos