Menu
Rebecccaaa
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Trouble connecting to Virgin Media Wifi App

Hello,

I'm having trouble connecting to the Virgin Media Wifi app on my phone (iPhone 6s 32GB).

I have called the support line. They told me to do a number of things which were meant to resolve the problem, such as turning the phone off/on again, removing the sim and uninstalling the app.

None of the above solutions has worked and I was just wondering whether someone had any more advice on how to get it working. I don't have a big data plan as I was hoping I'd be able to connect to this app!

Many thanks is advance! ☺️
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trouble connecting to Virgin Media Wifi App

Hi Rebecccaaa

I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your Virgin Media Wifi app at the moment, what happens when you try to access the app? Do you have your location services turned on when trying? 

Let me know what stage you get to and I'll do my best to help to get this issue resolved. 

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Rebecccaaa
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Thankyou for your reply.

When I go to set up the auto-connect, I accept the terms and conditions and then click continue. It's then when it tells me that my sim card isn't accepted and that I should check my account. I do have location services on whilst I'm trying to connect. I also have tried to connect via 4G and 3G.

Hope that this can help you work out what's wrong Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rebecccaaa,

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm sorry that you are still unable to connect to the Virgin Media WiFi app.

In order to look into this, I'll need to take more information from you. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rebecccaaa,

Thank you for sending the requested details via PM. I have raised a fault ticket and escalated this to our technicians. 

I'll be back in touch as soon as I have an update on this for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rebecccaaa,

Our technicians have checked this and we aren't seeing any issues on your network settings that would cause this problem. Is your mobile data working?

Please switch off the WiFi on your iPhone, and then open a new web page using mobile data only (i.e. bbc.co.uk) and see if that page opens.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Rebecccaaa
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri,

I tried once again to auto connect to the virgin media wifi app and it has worked this time. As far as I can see there aren't any problems with my phone now.

Thankyou for your help

Many thanks
0 Kudos