Menu
a_ukboy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Triple data

So I'm slightly confused now, 2 days ago I signed up to the £12 sim only 2GB, it had double data so was 4GB, then when I looked at VM today I see they've now changed the offer to triple data, so I've signed in to see if I can change to that offer, which I can't, but I noticed there was as option to add "add on's" so I clicked on that and there was the option to add triple data for free! Great 😊
But what I'm confused about now is my allowance is now 8GB, is that what it will be every month? I seem to have double and triple data both ticked..
0 Kudos
conman
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Triple data

same thing with me , I took out a sim only 30 day rolling contract 2 months ago ,,,,,£12  for 2gb data , unlimited texts , 2500 minutes etc , Then last month i went to my account to view my plan and bill and noticed that when i clicked on manage add ons i could double my data from 2gb to 4 at no extra cost.  ,,It said DOUBLE DATA promotional offer 1.

I logged on again tonight , now by selecting manage add ons again ,  i now have the option of TRIPLE DATA promotional offer 1  ,, one off charge FREE and its recurring.   So from taking out 2gb data plan for 12 quid a month i now get 6gb for the same price 

This is brilliant Virgin , seems to be too  good to be true ,,,,,,,Can someone tell me what the catch is please ,, if there is one

0 Kudos
a_ukboy
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

But is this right? I should be getting 8GB a month for £12??

Your current plan
4G 2500mins + 2GB

£12.00

Double Data Promotion 1

£0.00

Triple Data Promotion 1

£0.00

Your monthly cost:

£12.00
Your refresh date 25th Feb 2017
Change my tariff
Manage my add-ons

That's what it says about my plan, so it's moved from 2GB to 8GB a month at no extra cost, what's the catch?
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I think you'll find, the online system still says you have the double data promotion - when it should not be showing - a bug?

You should only be having one promotion at a time, the highest wins = 2GB at triple promotion = 6GB :-)
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
a_ukboy
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

But this month I have 8GB, and as it's a new sim only plan that I took out a week ago, there's no data rollover from the previous month!
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That's the first I've heard where they have honoured two promotions at the same time.

Enjoy it while you can :-)
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
philt
Dialled in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

from the page ... http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile.html

In the 'Offers + Extras' section near the bottom.

Triple or double Data offer: Offer available to new or existing customers taking a SIM Only plan or Freestyle plan on any phone. Limited time offer. Triple data offer is available on the £12 airtime plan (monthly allowance of 2GB is tripled to 6GB). £15 airtime plan (monthly allowance of 4GB is doubled to 8GB). You will continue to receive the increased data allowance specified for as long as you remain on the same plan. If you change your plan up or down the triple or double data allowance will be removed. No other discounts or promotions may be used in conjunction with this offer unless Virgin Media states otherwise.

0 Kudos