Menu
librarycat
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Travelling to Cyprus

When I visit Paphos, Cyprus I find I am unable to link to my network of choice which is Cyta. (Equivalent of our BT)

Instead I seem to be locked into a network (Areeba) which does not have the capacity to send Picture messages. Is there a way around this please?

June

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Travelling to Cyprus

Hi librarycat,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Really sorry to hear you couldn't connect to Cyta in Paphos.

I've checked and can see the Cyta network is available in that area. I'm afraid we don't have much control over the network itself.

What make and model of phone do you have? We can walk you through how to select a network manually.

Look forward to assisting you further.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
librarycat
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Rich.

I've been visiting Cyprus for years so know about the manual selection however when I look at what's available when I go there it shows Cyta as "Forbidden" Smiley Frustrated

Which is why I wondered if there was a tie in with Virgin and Areeba?

Kind regards

June x

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply June Smiley Happy

I can assure you that we do indeed support the Cyta network. I'm not too sure why your phone didn't let you connect to it.

Have you tried a hard reboot over the phone? You can do this by popping the battery out of the handset while it's turned on. This can only be done on phones where the batteries are removable.

Let me know know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
librarycat
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rich,

Just had a thought and if it's right then thicko me! Cat Embarassed

Spoiler

The first thing I do when I arrive in Paphos is buy a travel pass. Of course I haven't checked who I've linked into at that point  .........

This time I'll check first and hopefully can link to Cyta before I buy the travel pass.

I'll let you know if that works Cat Happy

Thanks again

June x

0 Kudos
librarycat
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat,

Thanks for that Smiley Happy but it's a Nokia Lumia which doesn't have the removable battery.

I'm hoping my latest idea may work even if I'm going to feel a complete fool Smiley Very Happy

I'll report back Smiley Happy

June x

0 Kudos