Menu
Chelt66
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Travel pass not working

I purchased a 250MB travel pass prior to coming to Italy and got a text back saying it was up and running.  Having now arrived and texted STATUS to 23456 to check it's still working I get a text back saying it looks like I don't have an active pass...  Am I missing something, as I have switched data roaming on?  I don't want to waste more money if these passes don't work.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Travel pass not working

They work for most, have you checked your account to see if date roaming is enabled on the account as well as the phone, if so when you use the phone does it show a 3G or H on the network reception on the top of the phone? If so then it a setting on the phone stopping you.

0 Kudos
Chelt66
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post J0hn.  Roaming is enabled on my account and on the phone, so it looks like I'm one of the unlucky ones who these don't work for.  I guess I will have to just try and find wifi hotspots, as I don't want to leave data roaming on as have heard too many horror stories about big bills...

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chelt66,

Cheers for you post and welcome into the Community, I am sorry to read that the roaming wasn't successful for you.

When you return home, please give our team a call on 789/ 0345 6000 789 and we can offer a full refund for the pack.

Please stay in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Chelle76
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I keep getting text through to tell me to buy a travel pass.. however when follow the instructions and send the text it keeps coming back as undelivered
0 Kudos
Dominatez
Up to speed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Most people forget to set upi their Virgin Mobile web accounts.

You have to login and enable International calling etc on the website prior to departure.

Login and look for the tab at the top that says PLAN AND DEVICE and click on that.

Scroll down and on the right hand side you will see MANAGE YOUR SERVICES.....

Do you see the International Call Barring Set To ON ? That's why you couldn't use it abroad.

Virgin are really poor at telling customers this.

P.S. If you are abroad then find a decent WIFI spot and sign into your Virgin Media account via the web and adjust it and Bingo. Worked for me when i was in Menorca.

0 Kudos