Menu
Sailesh78
Settling in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Travel pass not working- no data in France!

Hi all, know some people have had the same issue. I bought a 250mb travel pass a couple of days before leaving the UK- had a text confirmation but since arriving in France I've had no data connection at all! Tried the classic switch on and off- checked data roaming settings- called customer services (looking forward to my bill after that call!) and only extra thing was to remove sim and put it back- still no joy. Tried other networks- nothing. No data. Tried switching to 2g and lte too- didn't make a difference. Only here for 3 more days so guessing my only option is a refund when I get home. Anyone managed to get theirs working?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Sailesh78
Settling in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Travel pass not working- no data in France!

Oh and the mobile number ending 967967 doesn't work- just says error in connecting or something like that. Normal customer services say everything is ok and my roaming should be working- i.e no idea. Was never a problem on other networks so guessing something hasn't been done on the network side- let's see if anyone can help otherwise will leave it and just chase for a refund when home.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sailesh78,

Welcome to the community and thanks for postingSmiley Happy

Sorry to hear your data pass is not working in France.

It sounds as though you've tried most of the things I could suggest in this instance. You mentioned the mobile team have advised you everything is set up our side as well. 

Iv'e provided a link to a roaming thread here which may offer some assistance just in case.

I would probably suggest calling our mobile team for a refund as you have stated on 789 or alternatively on 0345 6000 789 when you get back.

Once again my apologies you were not able to get the pass working.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Dunk65
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I had the same problem when I went to Spain earlier this year. Bought the data bundle (over the phone as the text to the short number never works) and just could not get connected to any mobile data network. Got a refund on returning to the UK. Went to Belgium last year and it worked just fine, with the same handset and same settings.

0 Kudos
BRC50
Just joined
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My wife and are also having problems with our data pass in France. Got the active message but can't connect. Tried everything - phone off/on, sim out/in. Checked data roaming, phoned help line, nothing seems to work
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi BRC50,

Welcome into the Community and thank you for posting.

I would like to ask if you're still on hoiliday and are enjoying it so far? I have been able to test the account and I can see that it is disabled at this time.

If you wish, I am able to try and bring this back online for you?

Please keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos