Menu
consolbob
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Travel pass not working- again, please sort this out!

For yet another year my phone won't connect to the internet abraod I use a Nokia 520, so does my wife. I bought travel passes for both of us while we were in greece. Neither phone worked, just as they didn't last year, despite my spending a long time trying to sort it out.

Last year you managed to do it on the day I came home. This year I am home but my wife is still abroad.

What is the problem with Virgin when you travel?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Travel pass not working- again, please sort this out!

Hi consolbob,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear your mobile travel pass didn't work abroad.

If you're a pay monthly customer roaming is automatically turned off to avoid any unwanted charges. Did the phone connect to a network in Greece? Could make and receive calls and text messages?

For the data pass to work you'd also need to make sure data roaming is enabled inside the handset itself. If you click here and select the handset you have and follow these instructions to check:-

Select handset > Network Settings > How do I enable and disable Data Roaming.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
consolbob
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes. of course I did all that. I have now had some guff from Virgin that it is down to the carrier in Greece and that they can't guarantee what they provide and I also, apparently, although I have no knowledge of it, access the internet while I was there using a data connection.

All useless. I paid for a pass, my phone was enabled for roaming, as was my wife's and we didn't get the service we paid for.

Just not good enough and no one cares.

Time to find another provider.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Consolbob,

Thanks for your reply. I'm really sorry that you've been unable to establish a data connection while abroad.

If Data roaming is enabled on our side and on the phone, I'm afraid it's out of our control as it's then down to the provider.  I would advise to do a hard reboot by popping the battery out of the phone while it's turned on to re-establish the data connection.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos